Movies Dark Knight to Refilm Joker Scenes with New Joker Actor?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mirage, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

There's been a lot of talk already about Batman Dark Knight and the fact that Heath Ledger (who played the Joker) is now dead.

The trailer has not been pulled from apple's website, but it could still be too early to make that decision:

Apple - Trailers - The Dark Knight - Trailer 2

I'm really saddened to hear of his death, and personally I think they should leave him in the movie. I would consider him one of my top few favorite actors. The movie is currently in post production, and supposedly all of his scenes are done being filmed.

I was really looking forward to seeing him as the Joker and I would be very disappointed it they replaced him. From what I've heard his depiction of the Joker is amazing, and based on the trailer shots I really think his Joker was going to be awesome.

People are saying there were talks of him returning in future Batman movies to play the Joker again, and I guess that's the biggest reason some people are suspecting he will be cut out of the movie. That way the same actor could be in the future movies for continuity. Who could have predicted his death though, and who could be so sure the next guy wouldn't die before finishing filming somewhere down the line?

It's just a very sad situation and my heart goes out to him and his family and friends. I wonder what their thoughts would be on him remaining in the movie. His death really is a shame.

:shake:

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Fee-nix

They should leave him in the movie...as a tribute to him. It is so sad he died. :(

Mirage likes this.
  3. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

I hope they leave his performance. Would be a great way to let him go. Looks like he did an outstanding job and they should just dedicate the movie to him.

4. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

I pray they dont take him out of the movie. That would just be a knife-in-the-hear-and-twist.

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

They better leave him in there. They can make a lot more money from people who go see it simply because he died. If not for the money, for the fans. Don't promote this movie for months just to replace a crucial role.

6. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

I really hope they don't re-film his scenes. From what I've seen he did an outstanding job and he's one of the big reasons I want to see this movie.

7. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

May I ask where all this 'talk' is coming from?

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It's all over the net. Digg, MySpace, Blogs, etc. It's the #1 question everybody I've talked to has had regarding his death. It's speculation of course, but I really hope he is left in the movie, if even just out of respect for him and his work he put into it.

9. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I want him left out of respect, and I want someone else to play the Joker role in the third movie and throughout the rest of the series.

10. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

I think it's a sad commentary of the time that we live in that that main concern of everyone is whether his participation in a MOVIE is going to remain intact.