• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Dark Knight sequel - teaser poster on IMDB

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
:O

That's a pretty awesome poster. Maybe they'll have a darker Riddler like they did the the Joker.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I kind of have to wonder about this though. There was a really awesome "fan made" poster circulating the net a while back that was also titled "The Dark Knight Returns".

Coincidence? All part of the plan?...

Regardless, if this is true then I'm going to be sorely disappointed if Johnny Depp doesn't play the Riddler. I can't think of anybody else who could pull off following Ledger's Joker without a hitch.

Last edited:

Wade8813

Registered Member
I kind of have to wonder about this though. There was a really awesome "fan made" poster circulating the net a while back that was also titled "The Dark Knight Returns".

Coincidence? All part of the plan?...
Between having the same title/working title, and having the same year attached, I'd guess it's not fan made.
Regardless, if this is true then I'm going to be sorely disappointed if Johnny Depp doesn't play the Riddler. I can't think of anybody else who could pull off following Ledger's Joker without a hitch.
There's probably another actor or two who could do it (but don't ask me to tell you who they are... :lol:)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Leonardo DiCaprio comes to mind. He's one other I think could do a great Riddler. He'd also be less expected than Depp so it could be a nice twist on people's expectations.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Yeah, he'd probably be good. Although for both of them, since they're so easily recognizable, I'd prefer it if their faces were disguised slightly.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Michael Caine has already stated that Depp is not playing the Riddler.

Wade8813

Registered Member
This is the same Michael Caine who previously said they were looking at Johnny Depp, and now, when he says no Johnny Depp, also says there's nobody, because it's too soon, and now the studio's not telling him anything because he'll blab... :rolleyes: :lol:

Michael Caine Denies Johnny Depp Rumors | FilmCrunch

(The link has a short vid of the interview) It sounds like he doesn't really know.

I've been thinking about this a bit, and I think Brad Pitt or Robin Williams might be good as the Riddler (yes, I know they're completely different, but I think either could work). Pitt's acting in Fight Club was what made me think of him, and Williams has had lots of rolls that are somewhat similar, plus he's just an amazing actor able to handle a diversity of rolls.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Robin Williams could be great. I don't imagine Brad Pitt as the riddler. I don't think he could pull off the mental part of the role, as all Batman characters do. All of them have pathological issues. The Riddler is egomaniacal. I don't see Pitt as being able to do that. He is too suave, to be able to do it. They'd have to drastically rewrite the character of the Riddler.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Most of Pitt's rolls aren't like the Riddler at all, but I think he pulled off pathological in Fight Club.