Dante Stallworth Suspended for Season

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Blueyes, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

They are taking these issues seriously now or there just must be more of them.

2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I'm glad he got at least a year. The NFL needs to crack down on moron's like this. Good for Goddell.

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I've been watching the report on this on ESPN all day.

Actually I feel sorry for him. If he hadn't consumed alcohol, the blame for this incident may have been put on Reyes' shoulders. I've heard many stories of people running out in front of cars (especially high end cars) to get injured, and then collect money from insurance or from legal cases.

The security video obtained even showed that the guy was behind a tree and raced out into the street. What kind of idiot does that?

I believe that because Dante had an illegal level of alcohol in his blood, he got screwed over. Drunk or sober, you can't do anything if a dumbass runs out in front of your car. What an unfortunate event.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Goodell doesn't mess around. I expected him to get suspended but not for a full year. He must be extremely dissapointed with this decision because Football would of probably helped him take his mind off the incident.

5. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Finally, Goddell does something most of us can agree with. Sucks for Stallworth though.

6. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I suppose you do have a point...if Stallworth isn't drunk he probably avoids the idiot who ran into the street. Still you shouldnt drink and drive and he's paying for it.

I think Goddell had to do this...sure it sucks for Stallworth but he had to be made an example out of.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Oxy said most of what I was going to say.

Not to mention, according to the family of the deceased, he seemed very genuine in his concern and grief over what he did. I mean, the media is shitting all over this dude because of his short sentence and it's not right. They reached an agreement that the family of the deceased agreed to. A year suspension sounds good but I hate all this talk of "stains" and shit.

Half of the NFL has a fucking criminal record anyways and the coaches and staff are rarely much better and that's simply because we're human and humans make glorious mistakes, no matter who you are. Stallworth is taking a beating because his mistake was alcohol related and alcohol is one of those things the US is high up its ass about.