Danielson's WWE Push

wooly

I am the woolrus
Just wondering, how does everybody here want Danielson to be pushed in the WWE? What brand would you want to see him go to and how would you like him to be introduced?

Personally, even though i'm pretty sure a lot of Dragon fans won't want to see him go to ECW, i'd love to see him start there. he could start with an undefeated streak ro something and then there's a few great feuds he could have in ECW. Like William Regal, one of the most solid wrestlers in the WWE and one of the people that trained Bryan Danielson, a perfect person to put him over. Shelton Benjamin vs Danielson would be fantastic aswell. Two amazing athletes and great technical wrestlers. Plus Danielson could be given a push for the ECW Championship pretty quickly and it'd be a great way to get his name out there before the next Draft, when hopefully he'd be ready for the big leagues.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would love him to go on Smackdown, I think he could have some decent feuds with Ziggler, Morrison, Hardy and a few others from this brand. I think he shouldn't be a jobber that's one thing. He's way to talented for that, but I don't believe he should get a huge, huge push straight to the top right now, let him earn his stripes first.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Yeah he'd never be able to get a push straight to the top on Smackdown, but i'd be afraid he'd get lost in the mix on there. With talent such as Morrison, Ziggler, Punk and other superstars who will probably be getting pushes soon, like Drew McIntyre and The Hart Dynasty on the show. I'd love to see Danielson portrayed as a "dominant force" rather than just "a good wrestler", which could be done on ECW, especially with local jobbers (like they're doing with Sheamus)

Smackdown is the show i'd second most like to see him on though, because like you said it definitely has more exciting talent for Danielson to work with than any other brand. I have a feeling he'll end up on either RAW or ECW though, what with him having someone who trained him on each of those shows. I hope he doesn't end up on RAW. Not enough time dedicated to wrestling on that show to push another young superstar properly.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
See I think it would be better for him on Smackdown because there so many possibilities for him there. He would have time to shine, and have ample oppurtunities to show his stuff to the audience.

ECW wouldn't be a bad move either, I would love to see him feud with Shelton Benjamin, that would be something to watch. But like I mentioned, I just believe it would be better for his career if he went straight to Smackdown.

He would definitely get buried on Raw.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
I'm a fan of his and I'd prefer ECW...it's a slower start, because a lot of WWE fans probably haven't heard of him. It also presents good feuds (as wooly mentioned) such as Regal, Benjamin, Yoshi Tatsu, Dreamer, Ezekiel Jackson, Kozlov, etc.

Him building momentum on ECW would make him more credible on a show like Smackdown (as it did with Kofi/Bourne and RAW).

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
One name...CM Punk.

The WWE did an awesome job of pushing Punk on ECW. In fact, they've pushed Punk perfectly since he debuted on ECW. I would definitely start Danielson on ECW and get him over as a technicaly artist and throw him in there immediately with William Regal and then go from there. Give him an ECW title reign at some point and get him over with the crowd and then move him to RAW or Smackdown.