• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Daniel Bryan - What now?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
*Please leave rumors and spoilers out of the thread, I'm looking for peoples' gut feelings and analysis on this one*

Now that Daniel Bryan has lost his U.S. title rematch, and especially because Sin Cara is in the picture and challenging Sheamus, I'm wondering...what's next?

How will the WWE use Daniel Bryan from this point forward? Will he get a high-profile feud or two, like Kofi Kingston did with Randy Orton? Or will he slip into the lower-mid/lower card with the likes of Primo, Mark Henry, etc.? Or will he be feuding for the title again soon?

What will Daniel Bryan's 2011 look like?

Yankke

In order to get into a high profile program with someone like Orton or Cena on Raw, he'd have to turn heel. Anyone who has ever seen ROH knows he can be a great heel, but it wouldn't mesh well with his WWE character. I would love for him to be traded to Smackdown in the draft and get into a program with Edge. Edge vs Bryan? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

SlowburnDarkly

Registered Member
I don't know what will happen with Bryan, but it doesn't look good. He was such a good addition to the show for a long time there, but now he's slipped into the background and I couldn't care less about him. It's not him-- it's how the WWE is using him. I see that happening too much lately. Good wrestlers and made completely flat and uninteresting; merely background noise.

I don't see Bryan as a heel, but he may be going that way knowing how the WWE does this kind of thing. I just don't think he can pull it off. He has a lot of in-ring talent, but he's not a good actor. He'll go down to low-mid card and stay there for a few years, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
*Please leave rumors and spoilers out of the thread, I'm looking for peoples' gut feelings and analysis on this one*

Now that Daniel Bryan has lost his U.S. title rematch, and especially because Sin Cara is in the picture and challenging Sheamus, I'm wondering...what's next?

How will the WWE use Daniel Bryan from this point forward? Will he get a high-profile feud or two, like Kofi Kingston did with Randy Orton? Or will he slip into the lower-mid/lower card with the likes of Primo, Mark Henry, etc.? Or will he be feuding for the title again soon?

What will Daniel Bryan's 2011 look like?
You know, I hope they move him to SmackDown. They could get him to feud with Barrett for the IC Championship or something. Anything is better than sticking around on Raw and getting lost in the shuffle.

Another thing that really bothers me is his "ladies man" gimmick. Its fucking stupid and it doesn't suit him. I would like to see him gravitate more towards the kinda gimmick that Chris Benoit had. At this point, I'm willing to see him turn heel too.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Don't lose faith already guys, look at Sheamus he kept losing and losing and now he's the US Champion. There's still hope in Daniel Bryan and I haven't lost faith already. There's a lot of possibilities with him, and I'm sure that he's going to feud with someone else now since it seems Cara and Sheamus will feud. I wish he would feud with John Morrison but that won't happen since they're both faces and John is feuding with Ziggler. I still say it's to early to move him on Smackdown just yet. He just needs one high profile feud to get going again.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am going to throw my name in the hat for those who'd like to see Daniel Bryan on Smackdown. The matches on RAW just aren't long enough and on Smackdown he'll get a chance to better show off his in-ring skills.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I can see Daniel Bryan going to SD as well, and he and Wade have history, to say the least. Give Kofi a legit feud with Swagger or something like that and let Bryan get a top-level feud with Wade.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
First off I want to say I felt so bad for Bryan with the whole US Title bs, yes he had a good run but I think putting anyone into a match where someone’s "career is on the line" is just stupid. There was no way in hell Seamus was going anywhere, all this has done is made Bryan look less credible add to the fact that his title match got bumped from WM and took place on Raw yet we still saw Rock talking for fifteen minutes so why not have the match?

As for his future. I would like see him teaming with Kingston or Bourne. I think they could have very good matches but he needs longer matches. I have never seen ROH so I don't know about his heel turn but from seeing what I have I just don't see him as a heel but that is just me. Also as xBubblesx said they need to ditch this ladies man. The whole "he is a geek" is getting to the point where it is down right insulting and I don't feel this is sending a good message to the audience, but maybe that is the point.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I am a huge fan of Bryans. He is the most talented man on the roster right now, and I hate to say this, has no charisma and lacks mic skills. Those two things right there will get him buried on RAW. So they should move him to Smackdown, so he can continue to showcase his talent and have good feuds with Rey Mysterio, and Barrett.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I am a huge fan of Bryans. He is the most talented man on the roster right now, and I hate to say this, has no charisma and lacks mic skills. Those two things right there will get him buried on RAW. So they should move him to Smackdown, so he can continue to showcase his talent and have good feuds with Rey Mysterio, and Barrett.
Ok. Don't knock him too much. He has some charisma, but the epic amount of in-ring talent makes up for that, I think. Look at guys like Rey, when Rey was first in WCW, he didn't talk much, look at him now!