• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Daniel Bryan retires from in-ring competition.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm hoping that this is a big work to draw viewers and create a storyline for him for Mania, but I'm pessimistic. I definitely hope I'm wrong.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Remember, Mark Henry said he was retiring, too. I'll wait until it plays out tonight.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have a funny feeling this is legit...I have the same feeling as I did whenever Edge retired. I hope I'm wrong too but I dunno, it feels weird because two doctors cleared him but WWE refused too.

I think its my fault...all my favorites quit or retire early.

Ultimate Warrior --- fired three times, piece of shit, etc
Stone Cold --- retired early due to injury
Edge --- retired early due to injury
CM Punk --- quit
Daniel Bryan --- retired early due to injury

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
It's better that he retires. CTE is no joke and he's at very high risk for it if he doesn't already have it. I don't blame the WWE for blocking him from being able to make a return. They don't want another Chris Benoit. They don't need a concussion scandal like the NFL.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's better that he retires. CTE is no joke and he's at very high risk for it if he doesn't already have it. I don't blame the WWE for blocking him from being able to make a return. They don't want another Chris Benoit. They don't need a concussion scandal like the NFL.
I can't disagree...I want him to live a normal life. Wrestling isn't life...its not worth dying over. CTE is a real issue and he's admitted to having over 10 concussions in his career before WWE.

It just fucking sucks

Reactions: Doc

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Coach is saying that it’s legit and not a swerve. Should be interesting.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
WWE is getting a lot of press for this. They'll be getting extra people tuning in I'd assume, so they should really up the quality of what surrounds this segment tonight.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Oh Jesus fucking Christ.... please be a work.

If not, this is 2016 in wrestling: Daniel Bryan retires. Bret Hart gets cancer. Reigns is still the golden boy. Triple H wins The Royal Rumble and WWE Championship and main events WM with Reigns (I'm calling that shit right now.) Welp, it's off to the indies for me.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
They're either giving us an incredible work, or this really is it. They've been doing Bryan highlights at every segment.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 8
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 1
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 2
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 7
Millz Wrestling 6