Daniel Bryan progress in the WWE

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm turning into a huge Daniel Bryan fan, I haven't paid much attention to his career while he was in the Indendence wrestling business(just saw about a dozen or so matches.) I knew the guy had lots of talent, but I came to appreciate him more since he joined the WWE.

I decided to create this thread for Bryan, we can discuss anything that involves The American Dragon, especially is progress in the WWE now that he's "back" with the company.

The next chapter in his WWE career will most likely be a feud with The Miz and eventually win the US Title. I think this as a chance to be a great match, Bryan was known for having poor microphone skills, but I believe he's improved during the last few months. Same thing can be said with The Miz when it comes to wrestling abilities. He was terrible when he first joined the company, but as since worked his ass off in the gym and now it's paying off.

I think everyone knows what Daniel can do in the ring, so you know that you'll always been entertained when he wrestles. I think he could bring back honor to the Title, nothing against The Miz but he hasn't really put it on the line since winning MITB briefcase, it's time to give it to someone that can carry the title.

Make sure to use spoilers if needed.

I'll sticky this thread..

Discuss away!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010

2. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I think what we'll see is a nice and long feud between Bryan and Miz before Daniel Bryan ultimately comes out on top. He'll elevate that US title IMO.

Miz, therefore, can focus on his main event push with that briefcase. I think it'll be awesome to see.

3. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

Millz, do you think he'll win the title soon (at Night of Champions) or a little bit later at another PPV? They could hypothetically stretch this one for quite a while, the feud has a great build-up already.

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

It depends...I'm not sure I'd have him win it in the first match but if he does that's fine because it'll mean the Miz will have to get a rematch. I hope it lasts a good couple of months.

5. Babe_Ruth

I think he wins at the Night of Champions, like I mentioned before I believe he's going to get a huge push. Just take a look Summerslam, he teamed up with Team Cena and was arguably the most impressive in the match. The WWE knows that the fans love him, which is why he was turned into a face.

I'm not sure if he'll ever win the World Championship, but he has a chance to be the Mr. Perfect of this generation and dominate the IC/US Title division.

I think the WWE as already decided that The Miz is ready to challenge for the World Title, and what better man to lose it then Daniel. They showed that they can have a good feud.

6. Unity

Part of me totally agrees, I mean Miz is moving to the main event gradually, why not give it to a big-time mid card guy who's got a huge start in the WWE? I mean Carlito won it on his debut Smackdown night, so it's not all that soon.

Another part of me thinks the feud has so much more potential and that it shouldn't be that short...then again, why not put the belt on Bryan and have him start defending it in some quality feuds with mid-level guys that are in need of the spotlight more?
    ------
    Another Daniel Bryan thought - it looks like they'll be having him use the arm-trap crossface as a finisher in the WWE, and he does it awesomely.

But what's wrong with the Cattle Mutilation? It's an awesome and unique submission that we haven't really seen in the WWE.

7. Babe_Ruth

I somewhat agree with you. I would love a long feud with The Miz and Daniel, because like you mention it as so much potential. If it does happen then I don't want Daniel to win the title right away, have Bryan win a non-title match, but then lose at Night of the Champions. They wrestle a few more times and eventually Bryan wins a match with these stipulations in a Hell in a Cell match at the next Pay Per View:

-If Bryan wins then The Miz can't have a rematch
    -If Bryan loses then he leaves WWE forever

Obviously you make Daniel Bryan the winner, which means he's the US Champion, and The Miz moves on the the main event picture. I think that would be the best way to end the feud, and everyone is happy on all sides.

Thoughts?

8. Unity

Sounds alright to me, but I think the odds of that playing out are very slim.

Why not just have Bryan win the title at some point during the feud, and then successfully defend it at the next PPV? Adds credibility as a US Champ...he beats Miz out of contention instead of with a stipulation.

9. Babe_Ruth

I don't like that idea because then The Miz loses credibility as the guy who's carrying the Money in the Bank briefcase.

The Miz as been on a high right now, and I'd say he's in the top five most important wrestlers in the business today. Not taking anything away from Daniel Bryan, but winning against The Miz twice(once as the challenger, and the other as the Champion) at two different Pay Per Views isn't a great idea.

I think a stipulation like I suggested gives both guys credit. Bryan cannot dominate this feud, since the next step for The Miz is the World Title, and Bryan will be battling as a mid-card for a while.