• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dangerous toxins found in Ohio water.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The mayor of Toledo, Ohio declared a state of emergency after water in in the Collin Parks water treatment plant revealed the presence of a dangerous toxin, The Toledo Blade reports.

400,000 Ohio residents urged not to drink the water after dangerous toxins found
400,000 people can't drink their water not even if they boil it. Because of this grocery stores have run out of bottled water.

I really feel for these people not to have water. If you accidentally ingest the water it could make you really sick. Makes me glad I have a deep well.

Do not drink the water. Alternative water should be used for drinking, making infant formula, making ice, brushing teeth and preparing food. Pets should not drink the water.

Do not boil the water. Boiling the water will not destroy the toxins — it will increase the concentration of the toxins.

State of emergency declared in Lucas County after toxins found in Toledo water - Toledo Blade

Alph0x

Registered Member
Pets aren't supposed to drink it. You shouldn't even bathe in it, really. It's crazy. Lake Erie is where the problem lies and it makes me wonder if it will spread to other areas of Erie or if they have any way to keep it contained. If it spreads through Lake Erie, that could impact so very many people it's mind blowing.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't see how those people stand being without water for so long. They still don't have any water.

Usually you can boil your water and still use it but not in this case, it just makes it worse. Makes you realize how important clean water is.

I have to wonder how many people drank it before they knew something was wrong.

dDave

V.I.P.
400,000 people without clean water? Yeah, no thanks, I'd rather not be anywhere near that.

I do think that most Americans don't realize the convenience of having clean water available on a tap.

It's good that they got their water back but it'd be best to avoid that in the future.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm curious how they fixed this problem so quickly, and what they are doing to prevent this from happening again in the future.

dDave

V.I.P.
Can't really avoid farm runoff or waste water treatment plants, we will always have those.

That algae bloom is massive, when you said "huge" I didn't know exactly what to think.

I can't help but wonder about this happening again in the future.