Dane Cook

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kidd, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Kidd

Kidd Guest

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Here's my view on Dane Cook:

He is funny and he is witty. However, his brand of humor fits mostly to the teenage crowd. People call him the next great comedian, failing to realize that to be great you need to have great humor. I'm not saying he isn't funny, but I'm talking amazingly funny, like George Carlin, Bill Cosby, Lewis Black, Richard Pryor, guys that really set the standard.

I think Cook is overrated partially because he's good looking, so he can do jokes that place him in a vulnerable place. His album sales are through the roof because the teenage audience eats him up and this leads to people who think that record sales equals talent. Green Day? No talent, but they sold plenty of copies of American Idiot.

3. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Dane Cook has his moments, but I dont't really like his comedy style, it's juvenile. I'm a teen and I don't even like him.

4. Dr. Fresh

Dr. Fresh Mmmm.... Lesbians.

I agree with this post, mostly.

However, I do like him. He has some nice jokes and skits, but once again, he has grace because of his looks and his teenage fanbase.

5. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

He's decent, but inconsistent and never really has great material. His delivery is hit and miss, which sometimes just shows glaring spots of humorlessness.

Can we put this in Humor?

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

It doesn't fit the section. Humor is more for posting jokes and funny stories. Talking about comedians is fine in the lounge in my opinion.

7. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

I absolutely love Dane Cook. I don't believe his humor will last forever but at the moment I listen to all his stuff. It's so damn funny.

8. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

He's pretty good. I'm not the biggest fan, but he still makes me laugh.