Movies Dane Cook Wants To Play Riddler In Batman 3

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Had to post this because I know we have some huge Batman fans here and some real haters of Dane Cook.

What would be your thoughts if Cook played Riddler in the next upcoming Batman(if they make one)

2. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I wouldn't like this.

I like Dane Cook's comedy, but he just isn't a good actor.

3. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I think it would be pretty cool. Dane Cook is a pretty decent actor and I love his style of comedy. I'd love to see them let him have a go at it. If he completely screws it up and makes the movie horrible, then I guess they'll know for the next batman movie after that, not to cast him.

4. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

I can in no way take Dane Cook seriously as an actor. He is a great comedian, but his acting is meh. However, I believe he could play the role, the problem would be that the role would have to be downplayed. He couldn't be a leading villain. Especially if hes trying to follow up heath ledgers role. The Dark Knight WILL be hard to top, and the villain will be a key part in that, and if they pick the wrong actor, their ass is fucked.

5. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

I actually think it would be an awesome idea, he's funny and even though he hasn't have a lot of serious roles. I think he could pull it off, either him or Ryan Renolds.

~Shwa

6. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I don't know enough about his acting to really say :dunno:. But being a good comedian is nowhere close to enough.

*facepalm*

(I kills Smelnick)

You don't take random gambles with huge blockbuster franchises where the cost to make the film is millions of dollars.

Smelnick likes this.
  7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

If Johnny Depp doesn't do it, I say they scrap The Riddler and move onto Killer Croc. Haha.

8. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I like Dane Cook, I just don't think he can pull it off. After Ledger's Joker anything less that a great Riddler would be disappointing.

9. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Dane Cook's alright, but Johnny Depp should play the riddler, he'd be the most perfect actor to ever live for that role.

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree with you guys I think that Dane Cook would be a terrible selection to portray The Riddler and I believe a lot of people would not go see the movie just because of that. Depp is the obvious choice for this role, but you never know he might decline it. It's not like he needs the money or anything.