Damn - work blows

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by Swiftstrike, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I just got a tax return that is by far the hardest I have ever done.

Not to mention another individual did all the workpapers and entered most of the information in the software...

So I dont even know much of the background behind the return.

I just get to go through and verify all the information and makes needed changes.

But its a fucking pain in the ass since I didnt do any of the work papers.

I rather just start this thing from scratch...than go through and reverify everything...going to take all fucking day and probably most of tomorrow.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

What's work?

AnitaKnapp likes this.
  3. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

That sucks.

Meanwhile, I have to try to make a conscious effort to slow down on how fast I'm doing my work. Otherwise, they will know how much free time I have.

It's difficult, I tell ya.

Major likes this.
  4. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

I didnnt understand anything that you said there Swift outside of the fact that work sucks. Sounds like a fun time.

5. Swiftstrike

"It's called reading. Top to bottom, left to right. Group words together as a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches, Midol for any cramps."

Mirage likes this.
  6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I definitely know what you mean. I absolutely hate picking up projects that somebody else started and having to finish them without knowing what was already done or how it was done, etc.

I'd be pretty annoyed too. Is this a fluke thing you got assigned to or is this typical? Seems to me that having one person do each return from start to finish would be more practical and efficient in the long run.

7. Swiftstrike

It doesnt happen often. Most of the coworkers are out of the office at clients for the next 2-3 weeks. I am one of the few who is not. And since I have no work they decided it would be best for me to help out a person with a return.

8. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Oh my god! You've discovered the word of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:spin: :spin: :spin: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009