Damn Scanner. >:[

Clear_Note

Demon King/Sith Warrior
Every time I try to open up the program that I use for my HP 1350 all-in-one printer/scanner/copy machine, it opens up an empty program window and a window within that one that says:

The program has encountered an unexpected error. Initializer for "HP.Cue.Gallery.Thumbnails.GenerateThumbnail" threw an exception

then it exits itself. I also can't click anything other than the exit/okay button on the error window.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
huh, that's kind of weird

my first suggestion would be to reinstall the program that you are running and make sure to set it up right.

If That doesn't work try emailing HP I'm sure that they can help you.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've had similar problems with my HP scanner. Uninstall the drivers and software for it and reinstall it.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Do you have XP? Because XP has built in software so you don't have to use the bundled software.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
yeah you definitely need the install CD but I'm sure that you can find the drivers on HP's website, they're really big and this probably happens all the time.

Product search results

go here, the drivers that you seek are on this page, just select the correct driver.

Clear_Note

Demon King/Sith Warrior
Okay I finally had time to try with this piece of shit scanner, and i couldn't download the driver cause it kept saying a newer version was already installed. However, that was the fucked up version. So I deleted my HP data stuff and tried to install the new driver from the website, but it said "an error occured blah blah blah this can happen if you're running windows in safe mode blah blah..." It's happened every time I try to install the clean data. So how do I take windows out of safe mode so I can complete this fucking installation and use my damn scanner again?!

When your computer is loading up press F2 or one of the F# buttons and you'll be taken to a screen. You can select which mode you want to load it up in.