• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dallas Cowboys draft...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Let's say the Cowboys are contracted and the players are thrown into a draft. Who do you take?

Let's take the contracts out of the picture and go with ability and what's left in the tank.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Even though I dont know what I have or what I need if there were a Cowboys only draft, with the #1 pick I'd take Tony Romo. Hate on Romo all you want but he is a good QB. Not the best in the clutch but neither was LeBron a few seasons ago. Tony Romo can play. It is as simple as that. If he had a better team and coach, he could win a SuperBowl. Look at his stats. He's not a diva like Dez and doesnt put the blame on others. He's a team player who excels at the most important position in football.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I'd take DeMarco Murray or Dez Bryant first. They're two guys who I'd build the future of my franchise around.

I don't want to get this thread off-topic, but I agree with the above assessment on Romo. I think with a more talented team, he could win a Super Bowl. Furthermore, I think the 2007 Cowboys are one of the best teams to never win/reach a Super Bowl.