• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dairy Queen Worker's Good Deed

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
A Minnesota Dairy Queen manager is getting widespread kudos for an act of kindness that required giving one customer the deep freeze treatment after some questionable behavior.
As much as I'm into finding loose change and lost currency on the ground, I will never EVER do anything like what that woman did to that poor impaired person.:mad::mad::mad: I am so glad that young employee was willing to give up $20 to that poor impaired person to replace the $20 that the woman stole from him after he unknowingly dropped it.:nod::lick: Let me tell you, if I see some coins or currency dropped and a person is nearby, I would ask if it's theirs, and if it is, I'll give it back to them, unless otherwise.

Dairy Queen worker's good deed goes viral - TODAY.com

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
That is really awesome. News is so negative all the time, this just makes me happy.

I can't believe there's all of this news over just $20. That kid really stood up and did the right thing. There aren't many people like him around anymore.

I think it'd be awesome if everyone involved with this situation contacted the kid.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I love hearing about stories like these. Like Dave said, everything is so negative in the news these days. To see good deeds receive recognition and acknowledgement is priceless. I believe things like these happen more than what we hear about. I wish we could hear more about it though.

My kudos to this guy as well. I wouldn't want to serve a blatant thief either.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm so glad he refused to serve her. That man may of not had much money and that was low of her to steal it. I have to give Prusak a big thumbs up for giving him the money back out of his own pocket.

Someone else in line that saw it should of said in a raised voice 'Are you going to give that man his money back.' Embarrass her, she would of deserved it. Hope one of the customers knew who she was so they can tell people she knows.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
What I don't understand is why the guy said "on behalf of DQ, here is your $20 back". He gave it out of his own pocket, so why say that then?

For me, whether the guy had the money to lose or not doesn't matter as much as the fact that she had the nerve to steal from a blind man. Even if she could somehow know that he had tons of money, you don't steal from the blind. From anyone. I bet this lady is embarrassed now after all this.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If he didn't have much money it makes her deed twice as bad, not that it is okay even if he did have a lot of money. Twenty dollars to someone on a fixed income can make the difference of them eating or not so to me yes it is worse stealing from a someone like that.

Stealing is never okay, I never said it was and stealing from someone that is blind is really low.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I'm agreeing with you Hilander. I am just saying I find the fact that she stole from a blind person more disgusting than stealing from someone whether they be rich or middle income or poor. People steal all the time from all kinds of people. I'm just saying the outrageous part is that she stole from a blind man. How low can someone be?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really don't know how someone could stoop so low. They must not have a conscience or they couldn't do it or sleep at night.

I wonder if a video will show up on Youtube of her doing this, would serve her right.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
This story irritates the crap out of me, and I'm sick of hearing about it everywhere I look.

It disgusts me that normal kindness is so rare that this is a story. I hate society these days.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Pam, the sad fact is that it was most likely a slow news day and this is a story they had floating around the office for a couple of days.