• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Gym Daily workout thread

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Gyms reopen here in Texas tomorrow, so I’ll be there at 5 am. I’m looking forward to getting back into it, I haven’t worked out since March.

dDave

V.I.P.
Spent the day installing a deck at a friends house. Big job. Awesome workout!

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
So there were more people at the gym this morning that I thought there would be. After not being at the gym for two months, I couldn’t lift as much weight as I used to, but it won’t take me long to get back to where I was.

Shwa

V.I.P.
So there were more people at the gym this morning that I thought there would be. After not being at the gym for two months, I couldn’t lift as much weight as I used to, but it won’t take me long to get back to where I was.
Same. I'm excited my gym is opened again, feel so out of whack and the loss of my personal gains has been a big hit to the depression. But, with time I can achieve again. I won't be going gun-ho immediately, gonna wait it out some before returning on a regular schedule.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Same. I'm excited my gym is opened again, feel so out of whack and the loss of my personal gains has been a big hit to the depression. But, with time I can achieve again. I won't be going gun-ho immediately, gonna wait it out some before returning on a regular schedule.
I did the same. I kept it light, although that wasn’t 100% by choice, and slow. I got on the treadmill for 15 minutes afterwards and kept it at a slow jog. I want to ease my way back into it.

Edit: by the way, it’s good to see you back, man.

Impact

V.I.P.
I wish our gyms were back open. Looking like at least August here based on the plan the government have laid out so far, but I'm hoping some PTs do some outdoor stuff as they're easing stuff outside sooner. I'm lucky that I can still do some stuff at home, I bought a set of weights before this all kicked off but it's not the same.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
So now my gym isn’t allowing gym bags. This morning I was told I can’t bring in my gym back, but water fountains are turned off and we have to bring our own water and towel. But we can’t bring a bag to carry them in. It makes no sense.

Impact

V.I.P.
@CaptainObvious Sounds like a rule with great intentions but not properly thought out (like a lot of things recently). Is it so you don't use the lockers so they don't have to clean them?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
@CaptainObvious Sounds like a rule with great intentions but not properly thought out (like a lot of things recently). Is it so you don't use the lockers so they don't have to clean them?
The locker rooms are closed, they don’t want anyone showering and changing there, which I understand. So they say no gym bags because the locker rooms are closed anyway. But what does my gym bag have to do with anything?

I agree, I think it sounds like something with good intentions but not well thought out.

dDave

V.I.P.
I heard today that Gold's Gym went out of business (at least all of them in my area). They're kind of a big brand around America for gyms. The economic impact of this will be felt far more than the illness and/or death toll. Nearly all of the death in America has been concentrated to a few very small hot zones. The rest of us are ready to get back to our everyday lives. Realistically, it's safe out there and the few people that are afraid can opt to stay home, no need to hold the rest of us prisoner.

Also, it sucks to not be able to go to the gym to work out. I'm excited for the day I can resume my evenings at the gym, those were good times.

I've been skipping my workouts for the last week. Been doing a ton of yard work so that's sort of replacing workouts. I have 15 tons of rock coming to my house via dump truck on Monday. Xeriscaping the whole front yard.