• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Daily News or Current Events topic

Who should win MotM November 2005?

• Buckeye101

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ScubaSteve

• LaRazaUnida

• dk_rare

• Wrecked

• RossDude

• ltk9492

• Pianobone

• Rayzn

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Heres a new AS users poll.

would you like a Topic or Forum to talk about daily news subjects?

Basically a chit chat place to discuss news from around the globe...
Would you like a Topic or a Dedicated Forum?

Please vote in the poll, and leave a responce to your opinions about this matter

Last edited:

Julie

Registered Member
Doesn't matter to me either way since I really don't watch TV or news all that much myself. But if it is put on & the topics are going to turn into a big heated debate (ex. Michael Jackson trial) then I would change my vote to NO.

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
I'm going to post before I vote. I do not watch the news unless it just so happens to be on after a show I was watching. Mainly because it depresses me that the newsreporters cant find more good topics to report on.

If you bring news to the forums, it will cause debates and there are sooo many controversial issues right now. People have the absolute right to voice their opinions about the world today but there are different views in every mind. It may cause 'issues'.

rheaman

Registered Member
It may cause 'issues'.
People online with issues?! gasp gasp ROTFL
Sure, current event forum or something along that line is a great idea IMO. The secret to avoiding and argument online is, reply to the topic not to the person.

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
I look at it this way... When I worked at a bar, it was supposed to be a place for people to have fun... I had three rules to patronizing my bar... "No talking about politics, no talking about religion, and dont puke on my bar" It just made for a much nicer place to be.

This too is supposed to be fun right? :) Keeping to the topic is difficult because you tend to see 'what side' the person is on and such. No matter the topic, if you disagree with someone on Topic A, B and C, you tend to have sore feelings towards that person.

yooperchick

Registered Member
Living the the UP of Michigan, the biggest news around here is usually someone who crashed their snowmobile or ATV. Not much goes on. I hear about some of the worldly events going on, but I try not to pay much attention. Most reporting is so biased that you cannot get a clear view of what's going on. I probably should be more tuned into the world, though.

I guess a current events/daily news topic wouldn't hurt. I may read, but probably won't have 2 cents to add.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
just a few more days and this topic will dissappear.

Vote if you havent, its the only way your voice can be heard!