• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dad beats accused child abuser

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- A Daytona Beach father beat an 18-year-old man unconscious after finding him sexually abusing his 11-year-old son early Friday morning, police said.

Raymond Frolander, accused abuser, beaten by Florida dad, police say - CBS News
So far they aren't going to file charges against the Dad and I don't see why they should. He was doing what any father would have. The pervert got what was coming to him, well some.

However some headlines, like the one below, would make you think the police chief is just turning a blind eye to a criminal act. The father did nothing wrong in my opinion and shouldn't be charged with anything. So why should this cause a media stir?

Thoughts?

(Reuters) – A Florida police chief has caused a media stir by saying he is looking the other way after a father severely beat a man he caught sexually assaulting his 11-year-old son.

Florida police chief willing to look the other way over beating of alleged sexual abuser

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
The only people that would start a media stir about that would be other perverts.
If that 18 yo got everything he deserved he wouldnt be alive to be arrested!
I hope they put him in prison forever!

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Let me start off by saying I think the asshole deserved it. Dad was defending his kid and made sure this punk was going nowhere.

What I can see being a problem, is if this police chief is willing to turn a blind eye, how will other people interpret that? You can't police emotions and it would be even harder to judge what is 'acceptable' in terms of defense. I could see this being the issue for people that are not happy with the judge turning a blind eye seeing as 'eye for an eye' is not a workable solution for law.

Lastly, looking at the comments, it's actually kind of sick how many people wished that this guy had died instead. Prison time? Yeah, I'd say so. Rehab? Clearly, this dude just molested an underage boy, he's probably got some issues that need to be sorted out.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hope the man gets locked up for many years. As many years as it takes for this child to learn to deal with being abused, if he can, the abuse went on for years. He will need help to come to terms with it.

The abuser needs help too but I'm wondering if he can be helped. I've read people like this rarely change.

dDave

V.I.P.
I hope the man gets locked up for many years. As many years as it takes for this child to learn to deal with being abused, if he can, the abuse went on for years. He will need help to come to terms with it.

The abuser needs help too but I'm wondering if he can be helped. I've read people like this rarely change.
People like this also rarely receive proper rehab.

I think this guy should go to prison for a long time and I hope the father gets off of any possible charges brought down on him.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I been doing a little reading about it since I made that post. It was compared to being a alcoholic, they can change if they want to but the desire will always be there. The only problem with a pedophile is when they fall off the wagon a child gets hurt.