• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cyclone Yasi!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
For anyone who doesn't know there is a MASSIVE cyclone off the coast of Queensland, Australia right now and it appears to be moving in for the kill. Some of the smaller islands have already been taken out, and at a category 5 this is turning out to be one of Australia's biggest ever cyclones! Apparently the eye of the cyclone is 100KM wide... and that's JUST the eye. Geez, Queensland can't get a break recently. First the floods and now this! If any of our Australian GF members are from Queensland then I wish you all the best right now and hope you stay safe!

Here are some images of this "monster" storm heading towards the mainland.

MiloIsYum

Registered Member
The weather here in Australia is going crazy recently. My friend was working over in Queensland on one of the main islands - my minds gone blank and I forgot which one - and theyve all had to be evacuated .. yesterday I think.

Thinking of you Queenslanders, and well all be here to help you guys pick up the pieces after. Stay safe. And dont be idiots and try and get outside to watch!!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
So any updates on this? Has it hit land?

Actually, I just heard on the TV in the other room that everyone's bracing for impact at this point, in shelters, etc. Does that sound about right?

I'll be thinking of you guys in Australia, for sure.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I need more friends from this side of the world. The only monster weather I kept hearing about lately is the one in the midwest (USA). I hope you stay safe crouton (I like reading your posts), and the rest of our Aussie members!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
It's not over yet, but it did hit. Many tree's have come down, many houses without roofs etc, and thousands of people without power. Reports are only just starting to come in though. Most people went to evacuation centres so thankfully no lives have been reported as lost yet, just major structural damage.

Dekzper

Registered Member
That midwest storm was amazing! I was out in it and there were little snow tornadoes and it was tuff trying to keep my hat from blowing off.

I'm glad you're okay Crouton and that nobody got killed. But yeah, that's a ton of clean-up and there's still all that rain, especially after all the flooding. Stay safe and I hope the best for you guyz. :)

Impact

V.I.P.
Damn, Aussie has been hit hard lately. I have a few friends and family in Queensland so i've had my fingers crossed they're okay.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
That first image of the storm is crazy. It's huge. Hope everyone is staying safe over there.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
There has been one confirmed death, and two people are missing. Considering the sheer size of this monster and the damage done that is thankfully a really low body count. The cyclone is now affecting other states. There has been massive flash flooding across my state and a few other areas in the past few days.