• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Cybernetic arm costume piece

Tristan84

Registered Member
I'm thinking about making a short film based on one of my stories, and in this story, the main character gets his right arm and left leg ripped off in a fight. I'm currently looking around for stuff I can use to make a cybernetic arm costume piece. I'm thinking about using a black under armor shirt, cutting the left sleeve off, so it looks normal, and sewing metallic shin guards on the top and bottom of the bicep and forearm, to act as plating. For the hand part, I found a pair of silver and red hockey gloves, although I'm going to have to do something about the palm. Any suggestions or better ideas would be appreciated.

I would like to make this stuff look as realistic and convincing as possible, not like I cobbled this stuff together with stuff from Sporting Goods.

Last edited: