• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cyber Dragon

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
As you may or may not know there is a thread in the COTD section.
I personally feel that Cyber Dragon has gotten even more over rated. I understand that I'm user of it, but it's gone from being in 2's in players decks to 3's in the last few SJC. I respect this card and it's playability, but I want every ones thoughts on this. Oh and I do run 3, it just can't be helped :D.

Turbo

Registered Member
I don't think they realized how abused this card was gonna be when they first created it. I'm sure the figured people would splash it, but seeing 3 in almost every deck type is nuts.

I mean its a useful card and all, but the use of 3 in every deck will most likely result in its restriction or even banishment from the game. Yes it has fusions that rely on more than one being in a deck, but most duelist are using Metamorphosis or Cyber-Stein to bring those out so restricting Cyber Dragon wouldn't hurt those fusions. Unless Stein gets banned; then its another story.

I'm currently using 1 in my Warrior/Dimensional Fissure deck that I'm still testing, so I'm guilty of splashing.

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
I wasn't even aware that you owned any. Oh well times have changed. How have your results been and what are your reasons for splashing it? Please don't say because you can. If so that makes you like a cc player and I'm sure you don't wan tot be in the club. It's not that great.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
Cyber Dragon is like Gilasaurus on crack. Its a free special summon with a minimal restriction on that special summon. That means it can be used to swarm the field or as tribute bait for something bigger. To put it simply, Cyber Dragon is field control in monster form. The fact that it is light means it works great in Chaos. Since the effect activates in the hand Skill Drain doesn't negate it. Cyber Dragon has a respectable 2100 attack for a monster you won't be tributing to summon.

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
Kos4Evr said:
Cyber Dragon is like Gilasaurus on crack. Its a free special summon with a minimal restriction on that special summon. That means it can be used to swarm the field or as tribute bait for something bigger. To put it simply, Cyber Dragon is field control in monster form. The fact that it is light means it works great in Chaos. Since the effect activates in the hand Skill Drain doesn't negate it. Cyber Dragon has a respectable 2100 attack for a monster you won't be tributing to summon.
Lol Cyber being Gila on crack. Thats funny. Aside from making me laugh you have named many reason why it may get banned/restricted. I jsut hope ude deosn't red this or we are finished.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
Agreed Cyber dragon is in a bad position with a lot of players. It is versatility in a semi-beatstick form. It is widely used because of its ease of use. It is a no brainer to play in any offensive deck. I mean a restriction free Zombyra the Dark with a rediculously easy to meet special summon requirement that lets you use your normal summon for something else whether it is a Don Zaloog, Spirit Reaper or a Monarch or even Jinzo. It's like Cost Down in monster form and is far more cost effective as well.

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
Kos4Evr said:
Agreed Cyber dragon is in a bad position with a lot of players. It is versatility in a semi-beatstick form. It is widely used because of its ease of use. It is a no brainer to play in any offensive deck. I mean a restriction free Zombyra the Dark with a rediculously easy to meet special summon requirement that lets you use your normal summon for something else whether it is a Don Zaloog, Spirit Reaper or a Monarch or even Jinzo. It's like Cost Down in monster form and is far more cost effective as well.
And this is why decks are now able to have more tributes in them. I'm just intrested to see what happens come September. I really want to know how things may change f they change at all.

Turbo

Registered Member
lavoidgaskins said:
I wasn't even aware that you owned any. Oh well times have changed. How have your results been and what are your reasons for splashing it? Please don't say because you can. If so that makes you like a cc player and I'm sure you don't wan tot be in the club. It's not that great.
the main reason i'm splashing him is for a cyber dragon + marauding combo to go from 0 to 3 monsters in one move. i originally was going to use it main deck, but then i was thinking through some things and thought that with the aformentioned combo it would be a nice way to gain field advantage. i haven't playtested the deck yet as i'm missing a few cards.

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
It shows tha tyou haven't play tested yet. If you would have you would knwo that the deck is okie, but not great. Field control is goo, but using 3 cards from your hand in one turn isn't a smart move. When they flip over the TT or use MF when you attak you'll be sorry.

Turbo

Registered Member
lavoidgaskins said:
It shows tha tyou haven't play tested yet. If you would have you would knwo that the deck is okie, but not great. Field control is goo, but using 3 cards from your hand in one turn isn't a smart move. When they flip over the TT or use MF when you attak you'll be sorry.
valid arguement but remember swarm works well with decree and solemn judgment so their TT and MF is just stuck. the build is most likely gonna run 3 decrees and 2 solemns. but i'm still working out the card numbers and getting a few more parts.