Cutler to Bears

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Millz, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Holy monkey balls did Denver get a ton back in return.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Very Very nice move. I probably would have figured Orton + 1 First Rounder would have been sufficient enough... maybe the other one is one of those Conditionals ya know?

But this sounds like a decent fit... I'll be excited to see how Cutler works out in Chicago.

3. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Kyle Orton and two first round picks? Wow that may be the biggest trade of the year, thats kind've ridiculous.

4. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

Out of all the teams I heard that were interested, CHi-town appeared to be the best fit since they had been crippled at the position for a very long time. Now they have a legit chance to be a playoff team if they can stay healthy which is asking a lot I think. Still, all that Cutler for Campbell jargon I knew was garbage from the door, they couldn't afford to give up a whole lot of picks for what would be a minor upgrade. The bears just got a MAJOR upgrade & the Broncos should have never fired Shanahan :lol:

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Two first round picks is giving up a lot, but the Bears have been in desperate need of a quarterback ever since Jim McMahon left (what, 20 some years ago? :lol:) and they haven't had a great deal of success with their high draft picks anyway, so I think this was a great trade for the Bears.

6. Millz

I think the fact the picks could be busts mean the Bears did alright. Cutler is proven to be a solid QB and he's got a rocket arm. Its alot to give up, sure, but it makes sense for them to pull the trigger.

And if youre Denver you get a capable QB in Orton and have a chance to draft Sanchez if you wanna. And then another 1st next year. Pretty good for all parties.

7. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Denver's putting up a pretty decent offense and the draft hasn't even come up yet. One thing though, they still need a decent defense to go with it.

8. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

On ESPN, they were saying who got the better end of the deal. I think that Denver got the better end of the deal because they get Chicago's 2 first round pick, Orton and I think a third round pick also. John Elway was sad to see Cutler go.

9. Millz

If Orton is the starter he's not going to know what to do with himself with weapons the likes of Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal around. They also added some nice depth at runningback. I think he'll be fine.

But you're right...their defense is terrible. At this point I dont think they are a playoff team.

I dont think the Bears are either, for that matter.

Matriqulated likes this.
  10. Rectify88

Rectify88 Registered Member

Cutler has to figure out how to use his weapons. The fact is is he doesn't have any on the Bears. There receiving is ranked very low in the NFL, and he has to do some planning. He has one weapon for a receiver, but it's not a very deadly one. still Chicago has really never had a decent quarterback in a wile so I figure it's a win win for Chicago.