• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Customers Flee Wal-Mart Empty Shelves for Target, Costco

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Customers Flee Wal-Mart Empty Shelves for Target, Costco - Yahoo! Finance

Interesting story on how Wal-Mart is upsetting its customers by not having their shelves stocked, and long waits in line at the register because there aren't enough workers manning the register.

In the past five years, the world's largest retailer added 455 U.S. Wal-Mart stores, a 13 percent increase, according to filings and the company's website. In the same period, its total U.S. workforce, which includes Sam's Club employees, dropped by about 20,000, or 1.4 percent.

You'd think, with more stores, you'd have more employees. Nope. And for the sixth year in a row, they finished last in customer satisfaction.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hate those super stores, it takes forever to find what you want. Then about the time you think you know where everything is they change it. I'm getting where I will go elsewhere before I waste my time looking for it. If you ask an employee where it is half the time they don't know.

I have noticed lately you do have to wait in line longer and I'm not that patient. I go to K-Mart a lot anymore but you have to wait in line there too. Most of the people around here that go to K-Mart are members of the Wal-Marts haters club.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
As a former supervisor who worked at a Wal-Mart and worked through a store-to-supercenter transformation, this does not surprise me in the slightest. We hired almost nobody and every other workers' workload doubled or tripled. Every employee is upset and the stores are looking like shit because Wal-Mart is pinching every penny. They're going to slowly start collapsing if they don't change their business model especially with a company like Costco that actually WANTS to help their employees be successful.