• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Current value of a the same amt 15 yrs ago

anjanesh

Hi

1000 CAD in 1988 would be equivalent to what right now ? 2000 CAD ?

Is there a site which has a tool to calculate this ?

Thanks

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not sure where you would calculate this. Generally I use www.xe.com for foreign conversions, but as far as I know that doesn't take into effect the year of the currency or inflation/deflation.

I will check around a few other sites I go to and see if I can come up with anything to help you. :)

leopard22

Registered Member
Here's a site I found that goes back to 1990.

http://fxtop.com/en/cnvhisto.php3

Has tons of different currencies, not just US and CDN.

Personally, I'm not too thrilled with the CDN dollar being so strong right now, even though I am Canadian, because most of my clients are in the US and those that I have contracts with I'm making a lot less money with than I used to :shake:

Kind of strange actually - doesn't the US dollar usually do incredibly well during war time historically speaking?

proskier

if you could remeber the exchange rates for back in the day it would be a very easy calculation... im sure there are some sites that have that???