TV Current SNL Cast

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I talked with Unity about this briefly last Sunday night about how the current cast of Saturday Night Live is completely under appreciated by the majority of the general public.

They just assume it sucks but I think this cast is as good as they've had in a decade or so.

Thoughts?

Unity

Jedi Mind Tricks
Staff member
Obviously I agree since I was the one in the conversation...I can't name a member of the cast that I don't enjoy. Kristen Wiig is so versatile and talented..same goes for the guy that does Obama (Fred Armisten?). Andy Samberg is great, as are most of his digital shorts. The one this week with Fabio cracked me up. So random.

I don't see the point in pining about how they're "not the first cast" or "Not the early 90s cast." They are who they are, and they're hilarious.

Th3Pr3Tz3l

Registered Member
I watch it once in a while. Most of the time I am dissapointed in what I see. It seems to me they still get a gem every once in a while but there are quite a few duds in between those gems which cause me to lose interest.

I can't name a single member of the cast at the moment although I know the faces. SNL was at it's best when they glanced at the script, snorted some coke and went on stage in a bee suit and that resulted in hilarity xD

Puck

Registered Member
I'm actually a big fan of this year's cast and the featured players, which doesn't happen often for me.
They've got some good talent.

Alot of the actors are starting to branch out and do their own thing (TV, movie, music wise) while attracting a younger audience to SNL at the same time.
So that's always nice to hear.

I don't think I can name just one, but I am a huge fan of the Digital Shorts/TLI in general so Samberg is probably just that much higher than the rest of them. Oh and Kristen Wiig.
She wins.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Ok, so I am going to sound like a right idiot, but I do not know their names. I must say I miss Colin Farrell though and ofc Tina Faye. But Seth Meyers is still there, and his wife(?), that blonde girl?

As far as the OP goes, yes, I still love SNL as much now as I did with the older cast. The material is still funny as hell!

Puck

Registered Member
Ok, so I am going to sound like a right idiot, but I do not know their names. I must say I miss Colin Farrell though and ofc Tina Faye. But Seth Meyers is still there, and his wife(?), that blonde girl?

As far as the OP goes, yes, I still love SNL as much now as I did with the older cast. The material is still funny as hell!
Seth Meyers and Amy Poehler! Weekend Update FTW!
Also, I meant to add Bill Hader and Will Forte are my heroes.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Seth Meyers and Amy Poehler! Weekend Update FTW!
Also, I meant to add Bill Hader and Will Forte are my heroes.
Amy Poehler, yes, thats her. Man, Blades of Glory was just AWE.Some!!!

What is the black guys name? He's fuuuu'ny!!