• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cure to procrastination?

• Thread starter Æshættr
  • Start date
Ã

Æshættr

I honestly can't seem to get much work done on any school work until the last minute. Does anyone here have any good ways to motivate yourself to work?

Malificus

Likes snow
My way to motivate myself is not letting myself do anything before work, if I don't do that, I can get sidetracked majorly. Just do your work right away.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
That way sounds to work....unless you're like me and get sidetracked even if you start your work before anything else. It's why I had to start and complete an entire piece of coursework one day before it was due in (hence my thread in the sub-talk section).

I've been looking for ways to motivate yourself as well. I keep doing things at the last minute, but I can't do that with a piece of course work I have at the moment, otehrwise I'll have no time to do all of it.

Malificus

Likes snow
My way always works when I use it, but when I don't use it, last minute panic is always good motivation.

P

pasteycracker

Good topic. I'm wondering myself...

I have to write a 1500 word paper on islam by tomorrow and study for my physics exam as well as my religion exam... both exams are on thursday. :(

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

1500 words isnt that much to begin with so that should be no problem.

Blur

iPimp
i have to do a 25 slide powerpoint by next monday and give a 5-10 min speech. havent started the pp. =\

o and we had since beginning of this 9 weeks.

merob

Boom!
I would give advice, but I'm not very consistant myself. I average 70s in most of my classes, only because I do poorly on practically every other exam. last marking period, in US for example. I had two 80s, one 90 and two failing marks.
It's hard becoming motivated. When ever I was successful in my studies I'd used Malficius's method, completing work before leisure.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
Æshættr said:
I honestly can't seem to get much work done on any school work until the last minute. Does anyone here have any good ways to motivate yourself to work?
Yeah just get it done and stop making excuses.

Only 1500 words? You're lucky thats all I gotta say.

P

pasteycracker

Piccolo said:
1500 words isnt that much to begin with so that should be no problem.
very true. but I'm lazy and MGS3 is wayyyyyy more fun. ;)

lol

my main problem writing it last week was 3 parts.
1) Lack of motivation
2) Lack of sources
3) I was way too tired.

I'll eventually get it done... lol