• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Cult Classics and B-Movies

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Are you a B-Movie nut? A Cult Classic hound?

Are you into the grainy, shoddy, low-budget films? Tell us about them...

e.g.
I love some of the older work by David Cronenberg, the likes of Scanners and Rabid were a joy to behold, no matter how demented. His mainstream work is good, yet I'm particularly fond of his older stuff. It just has a tone to it, that seems to be stamped with Cronenberg's inimitable mark.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
I enjoy a lot of b-movies, if they don't try to be too serious. I can't say there is a lot of titles I can name that I like or have seen. I've seen Scanners before though.

In case some were wondering, DC's Rabid is also known as Rage. It's credited as that on IMDB.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Does This Is Spinal Tap qualify as a cult classic? That's one of my favorites ever. You can almost always find a line from Spinal Tap to fit any situation

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Does This Is Spinal Tap qualify as a cult classic? That's one of my favorites ever. You can almost always find a line from Spinal Tap to fit any situation
Yes. <3 Christopher Guest.

Also, movies like Army of Darkness is both a b-movie and cult classic.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I rather like Mad Max which always had a low budget vibe, but I am not sure if it qualifies.

One movie I've always wanted to see was the original Gone in Sixty Seconds (1971), that I've heard was made on a shoe string budget yet ended up being quite awesome.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Me and my friend used to always try and rent the B'est movies we could when we'd go to the rental store. I remember watching a movie called Alien 3000 haha. It was a horrible attempt at a sequel to aliens lawl. Not that it needed since a good sequel was made haha. Alien 3000 looked like someone just used a camcorder to film it in their backyard haha.

Another one I watched one time, was about a clown in the woods that murdered people lol. I don't remember what it was called, but it was ridiculously cheezy.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Another one I watched one time, was about a clown in the woods that murdered people lol. I don't remember what it was called, but it was ridiculously cheezy.
That sounds like IT, a Steven King movie. And I've seen that too, and yeah, it was cheezy as hell.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
That sounds like IT, a Steven King movie. And I've seen that too, and yeah, it was cheezy as hell.
No, I've seen IT, and no, IT wasn't cheezy. I'm talking about a different movie. The one I'm talking about was some no brand film, filmed at some old abandoned yard lol.

Impact

V.I.P.
I've been meaning to check out This is Spinal Tap forever. If it has the Jeanie seal of approval then I should probably watch it.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Are you for real?

IT was fantastic. Not something you would put in a list with the films mentioned in this thread so far.

Curious.. What didn't you like about the film?