Movies Cue violins.

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Tree, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Tree

Tree Registered Member

OK all.

Just t'other day I was watching the excellent film-of-a-book The Green Mile, and, as it has done every time I have watched it since the first, it brought tears to my eyes. So so sad.
    My question posed to you fine folk is not the typical "wotz ur favrit scary film", etc, rather...

What movies really tug at your emotional strings?
    What have you seen, maybe yesterday, maybe when you were eight, that has touched you or left a lasting impression?
    It could be something that you found so hilarious that you cried laughing and sprayed the row in front with your beverage, or simply something that stopped you still and made you think, made you weep, made you elated.

Tree

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009

2. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I don't understand your thread title.

Anyway, there's a few movies that get me everytime I watch them.

1. Fight Club
    2. Jet Li's Fearless
    3. Hero
    4. House of the Flying Daggers
    5. Shawshank Redemption

None of them make me cry, really, but they are the movies that really pluck my heart strings. All great movies that I highly recommend.

3. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I think the film that tugs at my heart strings the most is 'The Elephant Man'. I found it on video when i was a kid and i thought it sounded like a pretty fun title for a film... How wrong i was! :p Really sad film, and definitely still gets me every time.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

The Mist

The whole time I was tense and once the ending rolls by, you feel so alone, so helpless and so sad. It was such a hard movie to watch.

5. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

There are not to many movies that would get that kind of reaction from me but a few have and do make it through.
    Lorenzo's Oil.
    Awakenings.
    Of Mice and Men and One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest have all left an impression on me and still tug at me when I rewatch any of them.

There are films that have certain scenes that leave me open for that kind emotional feeling, be laughter or gut wrenching sadness there can be something about a few lines that will get to me.
    One such scene is in The Searchers, after the main character Ethan has found the first of the girls but not told the others.

I put it in spoilers mainly because I just figured out how to! lol.
    Ethan: What you saw wasnt Lucy
    Brad : But it was I tell You!.
    Ethan: What you saw was a buck wearin Lucy's dress, I found Lucy back in the canyon, wrapped her in my coat, buried her with my own hands. I thought it was best to keep it from ya.
    Brad : Did they.....? Was she....?
    Ethan : What do want me to do?, Draw you a picture? Spell it out? Dont Ever ask me! Long as you live dont ever ask me more.

That scene gets to me every time I see it, as you know that he has to live that image and did not want anyone else to have to.

Twitch likes this.
  6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

- Titanic

Agg... I'm not really a movie person. As you can tell by the 90's movie I listed as my only movie. Heh.

Um, yeah, Titanic made me tear up near the end, and it was a good, well written movie.

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

The films below have made me cry while watching them for various reasons:

The Notebook
    The Green Mile
    Shawshank Redemption
    The Elephant Man
    Forrest Gump
    Philadelphia
    One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
    Trains, Planes & Automobiles (the very end of the film)
    Edward Scissorhands
    Castaway
    Big

There's lots more too but I think I've listed enough.

Smelnick likes this.
  8. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Movies that make me cry affect me in a way that I will usually never watch them again. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are:

7 pounds
    Patch Adams
    Million Dollar Baby

I'm sure there are more.

9. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Shawshank Redemption
    The Elephant Man
    Forrest Gump
    Philadelphia
    Brian's song

Field of Dreams, in the end when he's playing catch with his dad

The Natural, when Robert Redford is in the hospital and says "I just wish my dad......God I love baseball"-gets me every time

Old Yeller, still gets to me

10. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Click
    The part at the end where he is an old man, and he falls on the ground while chasing after his son in the rain.. D:

The Pursuit Of Happyness
    The part where he is in the bathroom in the train station, and at the end when he succeeds.. "This part of my life... This part right here? This is called.. Happiness."

Saving Private Ryan
    The part where they capture that one German guy, and Tom Hanks puts a piece of paper in his pocket, then starts crying, and doesn't let anyone see.