• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cubs

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is the projected line-up for the Chicago Cubs:

http://www.rotochamp.com/Baseball/TeamPage.aspx

One thing to take in to consideration is that Joe Maddon is their new manager and he has a reputation of being great with young players.

Do you believe the Cubs are finally going to turn it around in the next few season, or they'll be the same old Cubs, basement dwellers?

Thoughts?

willge87

Registered Member
The Sporting News magazine (formerly Street & Smith) predicted the Cubbies to win it all this year! Personally, I haven't studied enough of the team to comment, but the World Series prediction does seem a little silly.

VJ_Sportsgeek

Absolutely. I think they have a great chance at going far this season because they added some winners over the off-season. Biggest wildcard in that offense is Anthony Rizzo, and I definitely feel this kid could have a massive breakout with the pieces around him. And not to mention, the other Chicago team has a really solid chance too. So things looking good for CHICAGO!!!

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Are they World contenders yet? No. Are they playoff contenders? Yes. Will they actually make the playoffs? Probably not, but they'll be in the mix of things. 2016 things will be a LOT more interesting for the Cubs.