• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cubs vs Diamondbacks

Vegito728

Registered Member
The D-backs won 8-4. The D-backs are looking great they're doing everything right it seems. Lilly just struggled all night tonight and they needed a good start from him. D-backs got Hernandez pitching Saturday I'm sure he'll give them a chance to win. It isn't looking good for the Cubs.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I honestly expected a little more from the Cubs, especially their offense. They haven't showed up yet. Now the Cubs are down 2-0 against the D-Backs, and I know they're going back home in Chicago and that might help them. But if they do come back to tie the series, then they have to face Webb in the final deciding game which will be very hard to win.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Well the Cubs are officially out. The D-Backs won 5-1 and the series 3-0. The Cubs pitching was not their problem in this series it was their offense who let them down. The big 3 just didn’t produce and your not going to win very often when your 3 best hitters aren’t hitting. The D-backs just out played the Cubs in every way possible so props to them.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Incredible, I honestly expected to see a little more from the Cubs, to be honest with you I expected the Cubs to win this series. That being said the Cubs didn't have a good record, and the only reason why they made the playoffs is because they play in one of the worst divisions in baseball. Their pitching let them down, but the offense wasn't any better either.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Crazy Cubs are gone lol

Nah im a big D-Backs fan this year and hopefully they can keep up the success they are having. They are doing pretty good thus far to say the least.

S

Slimpy

I'm very angry, the cubs just didn't show any fight in this series, not the team I have been following all season.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
The curse goes on for at least another season. But I have a feeling the Cubs will be back next year and fighting for the wins they get and maybe making a run. We'll see.

S

Slimpy

Lets hope, its not been 100 years since they won a world series, their fans deserve it.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
And their team does. They've gone through so much over the last 100 years and they really should be in the world series and take it home. They all deserve it.

But Kansas first:D

S

Slimpy

No, no. Next year it will be cubs and kanas in the world series, with the cubs taking it in 7 :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hilander Offbeat News 3
Babe_Ruth Baseball 5
V Baseball 1
V Baseball 6
goingtopshelf Baseball 3