Cubs vs Diamondbacks

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This is the official thread of the playoff series between the Chicago Cubs and the Arizona Diamondbacks. You can give your predictions in this thread, and you can also talk about the games itself.

2. njbroncsfan

njbroncsfan Registered Member

Lets go Zona!!!

This will be the best of the 4 division series in the league.

3. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

The D-Backs got so much young talent and with Brandon Webb leading the way they are going to be hard to beat. The Cubs do have Zambrano and Lilly which will give them a good shot of winning. But I think it will be a close series with the Diamondbacks wining in 5.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Everyone is on the Chicago Cubs bandwagon and NOBODY talks about Arizona...I'll take them in 4. I have biased against the Cubs being a Cards fan, but I think Arizona is a damn good team.

Game 1: Carlos Zambrano vs. Brandon Webb

I think Arizona wins both at home, Cubs win game 3 and D'Backs win game 4 (which I'll be at).

5. Babe_Ruth

This should be an interesting series. The D-Backs have a lot of good young players on that team, and a few key veterans like Byrnes. But the Cubs also have a lot of good players, like Soriano, Lee, Ramirez and others, and their pitching rotation is pretty strong when they're on fire.

I personally think the Cubs are going to win this series because they have a better starting line up, but it will be very close.

6. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

The D-backs took game 1, 3-1. Zambrano and Webb both pitched great games.

7. Babe_Ruth

This was definitly a pitching duel between Brandon Webb and Carlos Zambrano, but like Vegito mentioned the Diamondbacks came on top with a 3-1 victory over the Cubs. The homeruns by Steven Drew, and Mark Reynolds was wnough for Brandon Webb who struck out 9 in 7 innings for his first playoff appearance. Great game overall. But hopefully the Cubs can come back next game and make a statement by scoring some runs.

8. Dback

Dback Guest

The D-Backs all the way.

Anyone, anytime.

Prepare for #2.

9. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Very good game last night and Sweet Lou already hearing it about taking out Zambrano too soon. He was saving him for game 4, only problem is there won't be a game 4 for him to play in :)

10. cat's meow

cat's meow Guest

It is 8-4 in the 8th right now and I don't think the Cubs have it all together for this.