Cubs trade for Grabow & Gorzelanny

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
AOL Fanhouse's Ed Price has confirmed that the Pirates will receive RHP Kevin Hart, RHP Jose Ascanio and 3B Josh Harrison from the Cubs for John Grabow and Tom Gorzelanny.

Hart has posted a 2.60 ERA and a 1.48 WHIP in eight apperances (four starts) with the Cubs this season. He's 26 and has logged just 60 major league innings, but could immediately slid into Pittsburgh's rotation. Ascanio has done well as a starter in the minors and could crack the big league roster as a reliever in 2010. Harrison, a third baseman, has hit a solid .337/.377/.479 with 16 stolen bases in 303 at-bats for Single-A Daytona. He's a long way from cracking a big league roster. All in all, it's not a terrible haul for the Bucs. If anything, they're really upgrading the farm this summer
At first when I saw the trade I was like damn it the cubs steal from PIttsburgh again but then I saw Hart AND Ascanio were included...not a bad deal for Pittsburgh.

Buts its a good right now deal for the Cubbies. Grabow will bolster the bullpen and Gorzelanny adds depth to the rotation...even though hes been terrible in Pit.