Crystal Glasses Question

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by frogg93, Sep 19, 2006.

1. frogg93

frogg93 New Member

I was wondering if anyone has any good resources for finding out information regarding Crystal Glasses. I recently received my family's crystal set and would like to find out more information on the history of it. I believe it came over from England.

Any help would be great!

2. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hi ya froggy.

Are there any maker’s marks on it? You can go to your local bookstore and find all kinds of guides on crystal glasses. Just look in the collectibles section.
    You can also find crystal glass guides in the Antique section of the stores too.
    You can also try your public library.
    If all else fails you can go to antique shops and ask around (they might even let you use one of their books)

Hope that helps..

3. palefrost

palefrost Registered Member

There are a few good sites that will indentify glass patterns if you cant find a stamp or mark on the piece. I used to sell depression glass and you need to google till you find a site that goes over patterns.

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

You can also check the local library, they may have books regarding pricing and things of that nature.

5. kknight0506

kknight0506 Registered Member

frog93, can you tell the brand of the crystal set you have. i usually buy crystal stuff of the brand soga from japan and its known to be the best in this business