• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cryme Tyme and The Hart Dynasty...and other tag team discussion.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
So, for those who didn't know: Cryme Tyme was a very popular WWE tag team that was around for a good number of years. Though popular and a true tag team (not Rhodes/McIntyre thrown together), they never got a run with the titles. A few months ago Shad turned on JTG and was sent to FCW soon after to help with training. JTG is currently jobbing on Superstars, for the most part.

With The Hart Dynasty teasing a breakup (big mistake, IMHO), I thought it would be interesting to analyze this prior unsuccessful breakup.

(1) What should the WWE do? Bring back Cryme Tyme to help strengthen the tag division? Push JTG? Bring back the heel Shad and push him? Or, neither/both of the singles pushes?

(2) Do you think the Hart Dynasty will ultimately break up? Do you think that they should? Who should be pushed? Kidd, DH Smith, both, or neither?

Most of you know my personal of view, that the WWE needs to push more tag teams that are actual teams. The Nexus is just fine, I say that they should also make their reigns about facing off with teams such as The Hart Dynasty, The Usos, The Dudebusters (so underrated), and even Santino/Koslov if they're together for the long run.

I'd like to see everyone discuss actual options and scenarios! Try not to just end with our usual "The WWE sucks at tag wrestling and Vince doesn't give a crap."

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
(1) What should the WWE do? Bring back Cryme Tyme to help strengthen the tag division? Push JTG? Bring back the heel Shad and push him? Or, neither/both of the singles pushes?
Cryme Tyme were very over with the fans, I personally don't believe they were a great tag team. Don't get me wrong, they had chemistry but I think it was a good time to break them up. That said, I think it's a shame that the WWE are using JTG as a jobber, but a good thing that Shad is gone to FCW since it's only going to improve his wrestling abilities.

(2) Do you think the Hart Dynasty will ultimately break up? Do you think that they should? Who should be pushed? Kidd, DH Smith, both, or neither?
I think it's pretty eminent that the Hart Dynasty will break up, personally I wonder what's taking so long. When it does happen I believe both should get a push. Move Kidd to Smackdown and keep DH Smith on Raw and have him in the US Title picture. I don't think they should feud at all, even if they are arguing with each other at the moment.

Most of you know my personal of view, that the WWE needs to push more tag teams that are actual teams. The Nexus is just fine, I say that they should also make their reigns about facing off with teams such as The Hart Dynasty, The Usos, The Dudebusters (so underrated), and even Santino/Koslov if they're together for the long run.

I'd like to see everyone discuss actual options and scenarios! Try not to just end with our usual "The WWE sucks at tag wrestling and Vince doesn't give a crap."
Vince as to look at the Tag Team division and go away about it in a different direction. He needs to build up tag teams in FCW and eventually bring them up. Just like they did with The Uso's, but when they do get brought up they have to stay together for a while and not be lost in the shuffle. One another thing he needs to do is stop putting random single wrestlers together to form a Tag Team, every fans know it won't last.

My two cents on the issue.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Thanks for the thoughtful post, Biz. :cool:

Cryme Tyme were very over with the fans, I personally don't believe they were a great tag team. Don't get me wrong, they had chemistry but I think it was a good time to break them up. That said, I think it's a shame that the WWE are using JTG as a jobber, but a good thing that Shad is gone to FCW since it's only going to improve his wrestling abilities.
I didn't think they were the best, but thought that they were solid enough for the tag team titles. If Hawkins and Ryder got them, if Deuce n Domino got them, I think Cryme Tyme should have.

Interesting point at the end, there...do you think that Shad will be back in his new "heel persona" eventually? Do you think they're planning to continue with him and that this FCW thing is temporary? For a while, after reading about the move, I was concerned they'd just want him there as a training personality and that he wouldn't get another chance in the WWE.

I think it's pretty eminent that the Hart Dynasty will break up, personally I wonder what's taking so long. When it does happen I believe both should get a push. Move Kidd to Smackdown and keep DH Smith on Raw and have him in the US Title picture. I don't think they should feud at all, even if they are arguing with each other at the moment.
I'd like them both to get pushes if they have to break up, I like both of them...DH Needs a good manager, probably, but I don't want him to be Marty Jannety.

Vince as to look at the Tag Team division and go away about it in a different direction. He needs to build up tag teams in FCW and eventually bring them up. Just like they did with The Uso's, but when they do get brought up they have to stay together for a while and not be lost in the shuffle. One another thing he needs to do is stop putting random single wrestlers together to form a Tag Team, every fans know it won't last.

My two cents on the issue.
Very good point; even when it really works to throw people together (JeriShow), fans always know it's temporary. This is why I really think that The Hart Dynasty should stay together for now...and that the Usos belong on RAW, and that The Dudebusters should get time on SD. There are already three established teams, I say build from there. The whole "lost in the shuffle" thing is huge. I don't know if the WWE will consider that anytime soon with the success of The Nexus.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?

I wasn't a big fan of Cryme Time, but I thought that they deserved a title reign while they were together. They added depth on the tag team roster. They weren't a horrible tag team and they were very entertaining at some points, but I don't think either should get an individual push. They should bring them back as a tag team so they can start helping bring the prestige back to the tag division.

When it comes to the Hart Dynasty, they are going to break up. I honestly think that the WWE has plans on giving both DH Smith and Tyson Kidd both individual pushes. I honestly think that Tyson Kidd will get the bigger push, while DH Smith will get lost in the shuffle. I would keep them as a team for a while longer before breaking these two up. Tyson Kidd is very talented, but DH Smith can be rusty at times. I hope they are both successful in their individual runs.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thanks for the thoughtful post, Biz. :cool:

I didn't think they were the best, but thought that they were solid enough for the tag team titles. If Hawkins and Ryder got them, if Deuce n Domino got them, I think Cryme Tyme should have.
I wouldn't minded if they did get a reign with the Tag Team Championships. They were legit enough to give them a chance to carry the belts.

Interesting point at the end, there...do you think that Shad will be back in his new "heel persona" eventually? Do you think they're planning to continue with him and that this FCW thing is temporary? For a while, after reading about the move, I was concerned they'd just want him there as a training personality and that he wouldn't get another chance in the WWE.
I really hope he comes back as a heel, he could make a great heel IMO. He has the look, he's a big dude, way more believable as a heel then a face, even if Cryme Time were faces as Tag Teams. More potential as a heel then a face as a single star.

I'd like them both to get pushes if they have to break up, I like both of them...DH Needs a good manager, probably, but I don't want him to be Marty Jannety.
I agree, a manager would definitely do DH Smith some good, I imagine when they do break up Smith will be a heel and they'll keep Kidd as a face. I don't believe Smith will be the next Jannety, for some reason I believe the WWE are really high on him as a single star at this point.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I really hope he comes back as a heel, he could make a great heel IMO. He has the look, he's a big dude, way more believable as a heel then a face, even if Cryme Time were faces as Tag Teams. More potential as a heel then a face as a single star.
I was really surprised he didn't get a minor push after turning heel, to be honest. I'm a big fan of DH Smith and agree that the WWE likes him, but I still think Shad was better in the ring. He really impressed me after going solo, it just seemed strange that they didn't know what to do with him. He could be a legit contender for the US or IC titles.

Even though Kidd started heel, I totally agree that DH would be the bad guy if there's a split. It's been looking that way, and Kidd is way over with the WWE fans.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Millz Wrestling 10
Millz Wrestling 4
Millz Wrestling 15
Darksyde Wrestling 11
V Wrestling 9