Cruises

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
Have you ever been on one? Did you like or do you prefer other types of vacations? Where did you go?

I'll post my response later. :zz:

Arcadoc

Registered Member
Three years ago we went on a week-long cruise in the Caribbean. We stopped at Key West FL, Belize, C.A., and Costa Mayo, MX.
It was good to get away, and be out of range of any phone calls. No cell phone for an entire week! :cool:
What I didn't enjoy was to be aboard a gigantic ocean liner with almost 4,000 other people. Everything you do is like a giant cattle drive. Little or no space to just relax, unless it's in your own cabin. So I'd just go sit out on the balcony and relax, doing nothing but watching the ocean and stars, etc., for hours on end. Ahhh...Now that's the life. :)
I might go on another cruise later, but next time I think I'd like to go on a sailing ship for about a month. ;)

Bliss

Sally Twit
I've never been on one but it's something I've wanted to do for the past couple of years. I have felt sick on a boat before but with me never having been on a cruise ship I don't know how different it would be and if I would get sea sick.
I've heard they can be very expensive but also very worth the money.

I've never been on one but it's something I've wanted to do for the past couple of years. I have felt sick on a boat before but with me never having been on a cruise ship I don't know how different it would be and if I would get sea sick.
My nan was the same, got seasick before on a boat, but she goes on a cruise at least once a year now and is always totally fine. I've never actually done it either, think it would be pretty fun though. I could just stare out at the water for ages.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I haven't been on one, but here lately I've been thinking about going ahead and getting a passport in case I want to go on a whim.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Have you ever been on one? Did you like or do you prefer other types of vacations? Where did you go?

I'll post my response later. :zz:
I've only been on a dinner cruise but I would love to take a much longer one, especially to a foreign country.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Oh, I'm sorry.

That reminds me that I did go on a short one when I was in Hawaii. The Pearl Harbor cruise. It was only a couple of hours and included meal.

I was only thinking about overnight ones.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Not intentionally. My objective is to go to a specific island and it was way cheaper to go there by ship. So my friends and I took that and spent 24 hours sailing. There was a fun party going on that night and we moved from one deck to another to check out games, karaoke, or just buffet meals.

Italiano

Film Elitist
I've been on uh... 5 vacation cruises.

Big Red Boat, Disney, Carnival x2 and Royal Caribbean. Yeah, I've been on quite a few.

I've also done numerous dinner cruises which I don't remember all of them but I don't think I need to list any more.

Arcadoc

Registered Member
I've been on uh... 5 vacation cruises.

Big Red Boat, Disney, Carnival x2 and Royal Caribbean. Yeah, I've been on quite a few.

I've also done numerous dinner cruises which I don't remember all of them but I don't think I need to list any more.
How would you compare and rate Carnival and Royal Caribbean, specifically in the areas of passenger accommodations, amenities, activities, food & beverage, etc.? How about your preferences on each? I've been on Carnival, but I'd really like to know how they honestly compare to Royal Caribbean.