• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Crude oil spills in Yellowstone River

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Crews worked on Monday to clean up crude oil that spilled in and near the Yellowstone River in eastern Montana even as Bridger Pipeline LLC tried to determine what caused the weekend breach, the Wall Street Journal reported.

Crude oil spills in Yellowstone River after pipeline leak
This is sad, more damage to the environment. Why pipelines are allowed to be built under rivers I'll never know. You know they won't get it all cleaned up.

They haven't inspected this pipeline since 2012.

Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
That really bites hardcore and it was probaly because cheap pipes. We totally do NOT need any more oil spills to pollute the ground and the rivers since we already have serious issues with fracking. I hope somebody makes them clean it up - all of it.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure the EPA will make them clean it up but I doubt they can get it all. I wish they would keep a better eye on these pipelines and inspect them more often.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
There goes the neighborhood!

... Let's just pollute the crap out of all the other pristine ecological areas and just get it over with. <sigh>

- Cham