• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cross Dressing

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Society has changed a lot over the last few centuries and one of the major things is fashions, it is now acceptable that women can wear shorts, trousers etc and yet it is still seen as odd when men choose to wear a dress of some kind, I would personally like to try it but would be worried what the the reaction from dick heads or don't have an open mind. Do you think it will ever change? Have any guys on here ever tried it or wear dresses etc on a regular basis? Why is it still such a problem?

shelgarr

Registered Member
Short or pants for women aren't just about fashion; they're more practical. It's for coverage of private areas and warmth. Oddly, it was just in MY lifetime that an elementary school I attended in the mid-60s required that girls wear dresses or skirts. I remember specifically that they changed the rule so that we were allowed to wear pants. The NEXT day I switched but I was one of the few.

As for dresses for men. First of all, as it is now, dresses are of a design that enhances a female body and appeals moreso to a womans' sense of aesthetics. If there came a time that it was more widely accepted, then I would hope that the design would better be suited for the male body.

However doesn't cross dressing have more to do with experiencing the feminine side of life? As opposed to the adding an option to the wardrobe? If so, I presume that is why it's a "problem". His mind doesn't agree with his anatomy, and I don't think people will ever become indifferent to seeing an outward display of that particular phenomenon.

Last edited:

Hiei

The Hierophant
I've worn a dress before, and I actually kind of liked it. Granted, I only wore the dress because I was dared, but it really was pretty nice to let the boys hang free and feel a cool breeze for a while. That being said, I've only worn a dress, or any other women's clothes for that matter, just that once.

Now, how would a kilt fit into cross dressing? It's totally a skirt for men and it's been around for centuries.

I think that cross dressing might be a problem in society mainly because, as humans, it's in our nature to automatically judge everyone else the instant we see them. If you see a man dressed as a woman or a woman dressed as a man, it just confuses the senses. And people, especially Americans, get frustrated then angry when we get confused.
------
However doesn't cross dressing have more to do with experiencing the feminine side of life? As opposed to the adding an option to the wardrobe? If so, I presume that is why it's a "problem". His mind doesn't agree with his anatomy, and I don't think people will ever become indifferent to seeing an outward display of that particular phenomenon.
I don't think that cross dressing necessarily has anything to do with wanting to be the opposite sex so much as it's wanting to wear girls clothes. I cite Eddie Izzard as an example. He likes to dress up in girls clothes but has always stated that he's a straight male that just likes to dress up.

Last edited:

Shwa

V.I.P.
I don't think that cross dressing necessarily has anything to do with wanting to be the opposite sex so much as it's wanting to wear girls clothes. I cite Eddie Izzard as an example. He likes to dress up in girls clothes but has always stated that he's a straight male that just likes to dress up.

He's a professional transvestite, not bunched into the weirdo group, lol.

I think society is changing slowly, but there is change coming with how people see the world and others who are different. Personally, I've never tried on clothing of women unless it was in preschool when playing with other kids, but now, not so much. I'm totally astonished by those who can cross dress and just look totally badass. It's amazing @[email protected]

~Shwa

CuttingOliver

Registered Member
Society has changed a lot over the last few centuries and one of the major things is fashions, it is now acceptable that women can wear shorts, trousers etc and yet it is still seen as odd when men choose to wear a dress of some kind, I would personally like to try it but would be worried what the the reaction from dick heads or don't have an open mind. Do you think it will ever change? Have any guys on here ever tried it or wear dresses etc on a regular basis? Why is it still such a problem?
Hey, i am not a cross dresser but you asked for someone who wears dresses on a regular basis. Check out a guy called Jonathan Davis, he is the singer for the band Korn. He was a transvestite when the band first started out, he doesnt dress up fully in heels etc anymore, but at almost every live show he still wears either a skirt or a kilt. He also often wears customized adidas tracksuits. But his most famous outfit has to be a leather adidas tracksuit with glitter down the arms and a leather skirt.

Dekzper

Registered Member
I love shocking pink, bright colors, and rhinestones! :D I've never worn a dress but I think it's awesome when guyz wear dresses! I love makeup too, especially eyes and fingernails. And I totally love scarves! Macy's has a shocking pink/yellow ombre satin pashmina I def gotta get.

THE DARK SIDE:
I've been in a lot of fights. People here effing freak sometimes. Some people don't care how I dress up but a lot of them do. I hope things are starting to change cause I don't like having to fight. Maybe someday people will wake up and quit F'ing with each other that much... I hope!

EDIT: I forgot to include, I'm bi and I don't have a female personality. But I do like dressing very feminine.

Last edited:

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I have a friend who is a cross dresser! But he has a small frame so it suits him better for it; i think he looks very cute as a girl :D

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I wonder how much of it is still linked to how society view men as superior over women. Such that women dressing up like men would be an upgrade and men dressing up like women is a downgrade and something to be ashamed of.