Crosby has 500 points...already

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Got them tonight along with his first 50 goal season. 3rd youngest player after Gretzky and Lemieux.

Pretty damn impressive if you ask me.

Say what you will about the guy...he's a talented dude.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=317239

PITTSBURGH -- Sidney Crosby took the NHL lead with his 49th and 50th goals and became the third-youngest player in NHL history to reach the 500-point mark, leading the Pittsburgh Penguins to a 7-3 rout of the New York Islanders on Thursday in the final regular-season game in Mellon Arena.

On a night the Penguins brought back more than 50 of their former players, coaches and executives to celebrate playing in the arena since 1967, Crosby made certain there were a few more highlights before the building known as the Igloo shuts down.

Crosby finished with four points, also assisting on goals by Alex Goligoski and Bill Guerin, giving him 104 points for the season and 502 in his five-season career. The only players younger than Crosby (22 years, 244 days) to hit the 500-point mark faster were Wayne Gretzky (21 years, 52 days) and former Penguins star Mario Lemieux (22 years, 172 days).

Alex Ovechkin of Washington and Steven Stamkos of Tampa Bay have 48 goals each.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Crosby is really talented, I don't really like him as a player, but definitely would love to have him on Montreal, but I much rather have Ovechkin because I think he brings the total package.

I also don't believe Crosby will be near Gretzky's total points record when he's all set and done.

But I'll admit he's a hell of a player.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know, man. Crosby doesn't have anything on Ovechkin.
Except for a gold medal and a Stanley Cup Championship :D

Crosby is really talented, I don't really like him as a player, but definitely would love to have him on Montreal, but I much rather have Ovechkin because I think he brings the total package.

I also don't believe Crosby will be near Gretzky's total points record when he's all set and done.

But I'll admit he's a hell of a player.
Should be interesting to see if he can keep it up and stay healthy for a long period of time. I also doubt he'll touch Gretzky but ya never know I guses.

The talent in those two guys is insane. Too bad they're both in the east, seeing those two go head-to-head would be awesome in the finals.

Ovechkin will get his championship sooner than later, the gold, that I don't know about. Haha.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If and I underligned if because I don't want to jinx the Canadiens, but if the Habs win against the Capitals tomorrow they will face Crosby and the Penguins. The Canadiens defense have done a great job with Ovechkin who is arguably the best player in the NHL, so I have confidence they can contain Crosby as well. Not stop him but contain him.