Crosby earns Sporting News award

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
ST. LOUIS (CP) - Sidney Crosby earned another accolade on Tuesday by being named the NHL's player of the year by Sporting News.

The 19-year-old received 110 of 210 votes from his peers. Tampa Bay Lightning centre Vincent Lecavalier was second with 24 votes.

Crosby has already earned the NHL's Art Ross Trophy after leading the league with 120 points in 79 games. He's also one of three finalists for the Hart Trophy, which will be given out next month.

Crosby's Pittsburgh Penguins teammate, Evgeni Malkin, earned the Sporting News's rookie of the year by receiving 121 of 210 votes.

Barry Trotz of Nashville was voted coach of the year in the magazine poll while Predators GM David Poile was named the executive of the year

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am not really surprise that he won it, but it's a great accomplishment for him especially that this was voted by his peers which is a great accomplishment. But I still think that Luongo deserves the Hart Ross trophy. He was more valuable to his team then Crosby was in my opinion.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Crosby was hands down one of the best players in the league this year and everybody knows that. It's not hard to know that because he won the award. His peers know that really he had an amazing year and its only the start of many more to come. He was good to his team but I agree with MJ , Luongo was more valuable to his team.