Crocodile Hunter Killed by Stingray

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

2. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

He was doing a documentary on the deadliest creatures of the Barrier Reef. They believe that the reason he was killed by the stingray is because the stingray's tailbarb punctured his heart.

He will be missed. I really liked his shows. I feel sad for his wife, 8 year old daughter and almost 3 year old son.

It is one of the things that you just can't plan for. He is very cautious because he knows how dangerous they are, but got just a little bit too close.

3. BakaBoy

BakaBoy New Member

Kinda figured something like this would happen sooner or later being so close to these dangerous creatures all the time, still sad to see it happened.

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

It was said that Darwin had a tab running on poor Steve for many years now.

I was saddened by this. Steve was a great activist, and a mdoel citizen. Once, a croc that he saved and was brought to captivity had died of complications, and he actually got into the water and held it and cried. He cried. Later he would go on to say that the rest of the crocs in the water knew that there was something going on.. that they knew it was important and to staya away.