• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Crocheting/Knitting

Dabs

Registered Member
Can you crochet or knit? This is probably more geared for the ladies, but some men do these things! My Mother taught me how to do both. I prefer crocheting, it's much easier and the two big bulky knitting needles give me problems that slow me down, so I like crocheting better, smaller needle, I can go faster :)
So I decided to crochet some blankets, some call them afghans. Not that I don't have enough, my Mother crocheted several just for the hell of it, making her own patterns. They are so pretty and I have 8 of them here at my home now. But I thought it would be nice if I actually tried to make a complete blanket myself. I have tried in the past, but they never got completed because either I ran out of yarn and can't find the same color or I get bored because I can't sit still for long periods at a time, unless I have to.
So I have 3 of them started right now. All 3 are different patterns and colors. I just switch back and forth between them to give myself a break from looking at the same yarn all the time. My hope is to make one for each of my children, and give it to them before I die, so they will have something personally hand made by me :) A keepsake, you could say.
Then, if I get my ass going and make great progress, I'm going to try and get one finished for each of my grandchildren. But that might be pushing it. I know I can at least give each of my children one.
Does anyone like to crochet? Ladies? Does anyone know how? Or even know what the hell I'm talking about? :lol:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Crocheting Tiger Knitting Dragon!

In answer to your question nah, I've never done any crocheting and have no desire too. When I was younger I did know how to knit but I don't know how to anymore. I think knitting was cool, sort of relaxing, I wish I could learn again.

Last edited:

Dabs

Registered Member
Crocheting is sort of relaxing, I mean, my mind is on the yarn and needle and making sure not to miss a stitch *ha*. But I can only sit there for so long and then move on to another something for awhile, then I will go back and crochet some more.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Metoria Art & Creative 12
Easily-Amused Art & Creative 28
redsoxocd Art & Creative 8