• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Criteria for the WWE Hall of Fame

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
He was way over back in the day but what did he actually do lol

He's another one of those guys. Good guy, good character, not a Hall of Famer

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I've seen people put Hillbilly Jim's induction in the same level than let's say Koko B. Ware or the Bushwhackers. Those people tend to forget that Koko & the Bushwhackers' induction cannot only be based on what they did in WWF because it wasn't much but more for what they did before (Koko was a big star in Memphis at one time and the Sheepherders were HUGE in Porto Rico) so it's unfair to compare them to Hillbilly Jim.

To be honest, I thought that Jim was already in. But he fairly represented what WWF was all about in the 80s and the Rock N' Wrestling Connection with MTV. With that said, I'm still mad that Rick Martel will be getting overlooked this year over some more questionable inductions.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
There are a ton of guys who aren't in who should be but its tough to keep track of who is in and who isn't. Martel is an good one...Bulldog...Owen Hart...Demolition. And others who I can't remember.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm surprised that Martel and the British Bulldogs are not in it. Both are deserving. Owen Hart will not be inducted anytime soon, unless his widow changes her mind - which I do not see happening.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
It all comes down to politics at the end of the day over who gets in and who doesn't. I mean we all know why it took so long for Macho Man to get in, and Owen Hart just might never get inducted because of his wife/widow never letting go of the mishap in Over The Edge 1999.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Demolition isn't in strictly because they're in the concussion lawsuit that was filed against WWE a few years back. Basically every name in there has pretty much been blacklisted from WWE....there's a reason why The New Day beat their record as longest tag team champions in history.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The concussion lawsuit is definitely keeping Demolition out, I agree with you there Edgehead. Its a shame they are apart of that bullshit but whatever.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The concussion lawsuit is definitely keeping Demolition out, I agree with you there Edgehead. Its a shame they are apart of that bullshit but whatever.
I know how much you love Demolotion. I imagine it would be a pretty big mark out moment for you to see them finally inducted.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know how much you love Demolotion. I imagine it would be a pretty big mark out moment for you to see them finally inducted.
It would indeed. I wasn't upset that they had the New Day break their record (Honky's needs to go next) but they really need to be in the hall. Hopefully the lawsuit gets settled soon

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Just like I did with Nikki Bella beating AJ Lee's record for the Divas title, I feel like The New Day beating Demolition's record was done for the same reason (in this case, the concussion lawsuit). However, the difference was that The New Day was still WWE's hottest act throughout the duration of their whole length. So, it was justified to go ahead with breaking that record. I would never say the same thing for Nikki's reign.