Movies Cringe worthy

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
What makes you cringe during movies? Could be something scary/something overused...whatever.

I was just watching a guy flip on the sink disposal and it didn't come on...he stuck his hand in there...that always makes me cringe. I'm not sure what happened yet, because I have it on pause. lol

I'm actually watching it on a tv show right now (Supernatural) but I also remember them doing that same bit in Final Destination 2.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I remember that bit in Final Destination 2. Vitamin was playing. <3

For me it has to be when someone is crying in the rain. It's so cheesy.

wolfheart

Registered Member
Anything that invoves something going into someone's eye when the eye is open makes me cringe, I saw an episode of CSI where they stuck a needle into the white of someone's eye to draw out fluid, damn just writing this out made me cringe, lol.

I think that is the only thing that does make me cringe, although I have been known to cover the boys in recoil when someone is getting a nastily aimed punch or kick to the baby maker's.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Cheesy romantic lines, actually just cheesy romantic girly movies in general. I cringed through pretty much the entire of He's just not that into you, just because it's hard to believe some girls actually hang off each word a guy says to them.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Toilet humor does it to me and gore scenes. I try to avoid watching movies with those type of scenes.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Nothing really makes me cringe anymore to be honest with you. But when I was younger around the age of six or eight years old when I still believe movies were real, seeing Seagal breaking people's necks, arms, legs, hands made me cringe in so many different ways.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm actually watching it on a tv show right now (Supernatural)
Greatest Show Ever.... You should seriously get into it so Vegito and I could have someone else to talk about it with! :hah:

I actually think I know which episode you're talking about to!

is it the one where they are visiting their old house, some lady moved in and is hearing / seeing poltergeist type stuff going on. Then the Daughter is seeing some flaming figure of fire in her closet?

ok but yeah as per the topic;

Eye Pain... I hate hate hate it when gory horror movies use Eyes as their points of pain. I mean seriously... any movies, doesnt really even have to be horror, the more I think about it the more common Eye pain stuff comes from the War movies. Some bad guy torturing someone by attempting to stick a needle in their eye, or a burning iron... just anything.

If I see some sort of object coming next to an eyeball.... I start to cringe.

Toilet humor does it to me :blah:. I try to avoid watching movies with those type of scenes.
(was funny when you did the Blah thing to Sui's post.. so I had to throw it in there haha.)

Same here, I can't stand it when the entire film is based on that. Like Superbad, ok.. lots of people seem to like that film, and I only gave it half a chance, but I really didn't like the humour. (ysa you spelt humour the american way :-o)

Italiano

Film Elitist
Strangely enough, I cringe when I see a movie and someone does something embarrassing and/or is humiliated. Examples like in the movies "Liar Liar", "Meet The Parents" and "Chaos Theory".

Another more horrific example would be when a villain succeeds in a dastardly way such as killing off a key character or deceiving the main character (at least when it's not too obvious).

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Strangely enough, I cringe when I see a movie and someone does something embarrassing and/or is humiliated. Examples like in the movies "Liar Liar", "Meet The Parents" and "Chaos Theory".
I'm the same, I hate seeing scenes of extreme embarrassment. I guess it speaks to the movie because you have to connect with the character in some way to share that pain.

I think the worst cringe moments I've had involve fingernails (scratching against chalkboards or removal of fingernails like in "Land of the Dead") or "tearing" such as once again in Land of the Dead where
some guy's arm get's torn in half by two zombies (each one holding onto to half his hand and splitting it down the middle).