• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Credit Card Protectors

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
Has anyone heard about the credit card protector sleeves RFID?

They are used to protect you from anyone walking by you and being able to scan the information of your credit cards.
I have several of these and so far I would have to say i have been safe with not one thing happening.

Quite honestly I wouldn't know what i would do if anyone stole the info of them because trying to prove your identity is bad enough.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I don't have any credit cards, but I wonder if this reader thing could read bank account numbers off my debit card. I imagine that's something to look out for too eh?

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
I don't have any credit cards, but I wonder if this reader thing could read bank account numbers off my debit card. I imagine that's something to look out for too eh?

From what I understand anything that has personal information with the black strip on them
is what is read.
I even have the sleeve for regular bank card and food stamp card. I'm well protected and I do reccomend them.
I see so many people (after being warned of things that can happen) be so very careless on how they
carry their money.

But I'm sure there are a lot of different ways if you know how that you can get someone's personal information. Just be safe before you end up sorry.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
My biggest worry was someone would be in line on their cell phone and take a picture of my card number. That was a big thing they were doing for a while, could still be going on.

Doesn't hurt to take precautions, never know when they will scan your card.

ReasontoBelieve

Registered Member
It's not the number on the card that we need to worry about so much. It's the numbers that are inside the card. Some of these hackers are using a fancy scanner. And they will take all your information from this card.
They will then go home on their computer and they can start purchasing things in your name.