• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Credit Card Checks

Taggart

Registered Member
Have you ever used the checks that sometimes come with your credit cards?

I believe you'd write them out like a normal check, and the amount will be added to your credit card account.

Obviously, the downside of these would be that using them increases credit card debt.

taiarain

Registered Member
I've used the reduced rate balance transfer checks that come in. The interest savings can definitely be worth it.

Taggart

Registered Member
I get them sent to me from time to time, but so far I've never used them. Plus I shred them because they have my information on them.

That's probably a good idea if you don't plan to use them.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I don't like these either. They actually count as "quasi-cash" which is almost always given a higher interest rate as well. I would definitely not recommend using them.

I don't really recommend using credit cards in the first place though unless you absolutely have to. Buying a big screen tv is not a good use of a credit card if you ask me.