• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Creative Couple Doesn't Let COVID-19 Lockdown Stop Their Wedding

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is pretty awesome. When you have a wedding and honeymoon planned, but Coronavirus causes your state to get locked down in the next 24 hours or so, what do you do?

You get creative really fast and lock it up, at least if you're this couple:

I thought this was a great story and certainly more interesting than most wedding days. It's awesome that they pulled this off on such short notice.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I hope none of them gets sick. Did you hear of that chair's "last rehearsal" before lockdown? They took precautions like no touching, sanitizers, etc. Then more than 40 of them are sick now and 2 dead.

I already feel bad about people are who planned bday parties and have to celebrate alone, much more those who have wedding plans (it's not a yearly event, and supposedly once in a lifetime, haha). I know someone who missed her child's wedding but she dressed up anyway and they were on video conference.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
@ysabel we celebrated my daughter’s first birthday completely over Zoom video conferencing. I was able to get it on our TV at least instead of the small laptop screen, but it definitely felt isolated compared to having people over. They all loved watching her open gifts live over streaming though!

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
@ysabel we celebrated my daughter’s first birthday completely over Zoom video conferencing. I was able to get it on our TV at least instead of the small laptop screen, but it definitely felt isolated compared to having people over. They all loved watching her open gifts live over streaming though!
Oh my, I've forgotten you're a family man now. Remember when you were still a Virgin on GF? Haha

Yep, TV big screen is better than laptop, makes the other people look more "real"

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
This was a fantastic work around for not being able to have a full wedding. This couple has one of the most positive, happy wedding stories I've ever heard. Hopefully other couples jump on the Zoom bandwagon. What I find most sad about the whole situation is that lots of couples have already put non-refundable deposits on bachelor(ette) parties and the wedding itself. Hopefully venues decide not to hold that money hostage.

Personally, I'm currently out $1,000 for a bachelor party I'm helping host in June.