• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

create your dream team

F

fatboy

If you could pick any players from the history of the NBA to be on your team, who would they be? pick 10 of the best. explain.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Michael Jordan
Larry Bird
Oscar Robinson
Wilt Chamberlain
Kareem Abdoul Jabaar
Julius Erving
Nate Archibald
Bill Russell
Shaq
Bob Coosy
Vince Carter

This would be my dream team, I select them because they're all proving players, and they know how to win.

F

fatboy

of coarse kobe, he is my favorite player. MJ with out a doubt. magic, dirk, and isaiah thomas. centers would be shaq and wilt. oscar robinson, bernard king, and john stockton.

kobe, MJ, magic, and dirk all can play pretty much anywhere. shaq and wilt are arguably the best centers ever to play. oscar and bernard for the pure shooting. and isaiah and stockton to handle the ball and create.

my starters would be john at pg, MJ at sg, i would put kobe at foward with dirk, and shaq at center.

M

mixtapelive

Kobe, MJ, Magic, Shaq, Kareem, Iverson, Malone, KG

T

the.game

Magic Johnson - We all know why.
Chris Paul - Never hurts to have some young talent on your team.
Kobe Bryant - Sorry. I'm not a big fan of Michael Jordan and Kobe's the next best.
Ron Artest - The best perimeter defender in the league and almost nobody can match up with him physically.
LeBron James - How many players have done what he has at his age?
Larry Bird - Incredible basketball IQ and skills to match.
Tim Duncan - Best PF of all-time and still going strong.
Kevin Garnett - One of the most versatile players ever.
Hakeem Olajuwon - The best center ever?
Shaquille O'Neal - The most physically dominant player the game has ever seen and unfortunately for Wilt and Russell, it'd take the both of them to hold this guy back.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow I am really surprise with some of your picks the.game especially Chris Paul, you say it never hurts to have young talent, but you got to remember that all your players that your picking, lets say if they started a team with them then they would all be in their prime, I rather have the Big O in is prime who averages a triple double during a full season then Chris Paul, but hey its your choice.

S

scottmcgrady

PG: Oscar Robinson (possibly one of the greatest guards ever)
SG: Michael Jordan (possibly the greatest player ever)
SF: Tracy Mcgrady (My favourite player and can go on hot streaks when unstoppable)
PF: Bill Russel (Amazing rebounder)
C: Wilt Chamberlain (Unstoppable)

Subs:
PG: Steve Nash
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: LeBron James
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Tim Duncan

T

the.game

Vince Carter said:
Wow I am really surprise with some of your picks the.game especially Chris Paul, you say it never hurts to have young talent, but you got to remember that all your players that your picking, lets say if they started a team with them then they would all be in their prime, I rather have the Big O in is prime who averages a triple double during a full season then Chris Paul, but hey its your choice.
I made my picks based on how they would stand up against each other. Wilt and Russell are unmatched in terms of what they accomplished in their era but I don't think they would fare too well against Olajuwon and Shaq. Basically, though I've never seen any of them play, I thought/assumed that most players in the 60s would be physically dominated by today's behemoths and run-jump machines. Ron Artest and Shaquille O'Neal would eat Bob Cousy for breakfast and if Ben Wallace has trouble stopping Shaq on the low block one on one, I'd hate to see Bill Russell try (no disrespect to the great man intended). I've seen highlight reels of Oscar Robertson and I don't think he'd be able to keep up with a guy like LeBron James and I was going to have Isiah Thomas on my lineup but then I thought, why not have Chris Paul instead? <D