Crazy liberal talk

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by fleinn, May 8, 2008.

1. fleinn

fleinn 101010

washingtonpost.com
    Yeah, yeah. But Bush is omnipotent, you see. That's why he's been able to deftly trick everyone up till now. So how can anyone hope to do anything about it? I mean - be reasonable here.

2. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

this is the thing. One of the few things Americans agree on is we want enemy combatates tortured. I mean, we don't admit it. But, if it means getting information to end the war and/or prevent attacks, we don't care.

Do it - get the info you need - don't tell us about it. That's the American motto.

3. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

I'd rather you not speak on my behalf. I'm more than capable of doing so.
    =

Yeah, I'm amazed that Gitmo/Abu Gharib/torture/indefinite detainment/black sites keep rolling in, and still the press assume that another little story is suddenly going to awaken Americans to what's going on.

ysabel likes this.
  4. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

lol - thats funny.

I actually had a friend that I greatly trust give me some stories this weekend from legitimate news outlets about the toture cases. And I can see where there is a rule of law issue here.
    At the same time, Bush's approval ratings are around 25%, so there's clearly no one standing up for Bush on this. Its just that as a whole nobody cares. Well - I mean you do, but black, white, democrat, republican.....you can't point to a group of people. Generally speaking, we want a Jack Bauer.

5. fleinn

fleinn 101010

..Too bad you don't exist only in a fictional TV- series that runs on FOX.

Of course - it's not about getting the information, is it - it's about revenge. Just like the Twin Towers were seen as an attack on all things american, and a wound on the national ego - it's about general national revenge towards an epic, non- descript enemy.