Craving attention?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Are you one of those people that love to get attention? I know a lot of people that will do anything just to get attention, especially in front of a big group?

Personally I don't care if I get attention or not, I'm not going to change the way I am to get a few more people to pay attention at what I do.

How about you guys?

Also do you know a lot of people that are that way?

I know a lot of people like that, none of them are really my close friends though.

2. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I have called myself an attention whore before because I am. The big difference with me, however, is that I don't go out LOOKING for attention. If I get attention I'll take it, run with it, and love it but I dont look for it.

I think this makes me a better person then those who hunt for it.

:)

EllyDicious likes this.
  3. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Much like Millz...I love attention, and if I get it, then I revel in it. I do not go seeking it, however.

People who will do anything for attention just end up looking sad and pathetic, IMO.

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Most of the time, I dislike attention. Especially when it's for the wrong reasons :lol: But yeah, it depends. I don't like it when everybody is watching you. If it's attention from just one or a couple of people, and it's positive, then that's fine.

5. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

I hate it when attention is directed at myself and no one else in a group of people.
    I have a few friends who love being the centre of attention and thats fine with me as I can disappear into the background.

I cant stand it when they try to bring that same amount of attention to me, I would prefer to be left alone and have no one talk to me than have a large group all waiting on me to do something.

6. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

Depends on the situation and who I'm with. I'm basically a mixture of Bex and Millz/AK. I despise public attention and make it a point to go where I go drawing as little attention as possible (hell, I even make it into a challenge to see if I can go about my business as stealthily as possible). However, when I'm with my friends I'm often the centre of attention because I can be loud and fun and energetic, but this is sporadic. I'll go from being the leader of the group, telling jokes and choosing where to go, to just following everyone else and mooching along quietly, and I can make the switch in less than a few minutes. :dunno:

7. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I hate getting attention. I try to keep out of the spotlight as much as possible.

8. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

I don't like attention. When it's directed at me I make it interesting and fun while it lasts.

There's always that one person in any group who wants attention. It's better to give it to them than be a nuisance.

9. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

I hate attention, positive and negative.

I enjoy keeping myself to myself at all times and do my best to avoid any sort of attention. I'm too shy and sometimes withdrawn.

Keeping out of situations that could lead to attention is the key to keeping out of trouble!!

I know many people who go attention seeking, they've never bothered me as long as they aren't causing trouble in order to gain attention and credit.

10. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

:lol:
    if you look at my public profile i've written "attention whore"

but i guess we all want some attention. i totally agreed when you said there's a difference between having it naturally and seeking for it.
    when you have it naturally, good for you. if you seek for it you'll sound worse and you'll end up screwed.
    haha.

actually i have a friend of mine who always seeks for attention. she'll do anything to get attention anywhere she goes. especially in a group with boys she'll be the first to do anything. it makes her look a real bitch.

it's annoying.