• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Crap, now its killer hornets

MenInTights

not a plastic bag

These things look horrible. They attack honey bees and tear their heads off!

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
This was a weird Spring for me. 100+ dead bees showed up at my house. Friends saw the same thing at their place. Don't know if its local or if there is something spreading to bees.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
2020 is going to kill us all.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Did you read about how their venom contains pheromones that attract other murder hornets to come sting you too? And how, while a single sting isn't typically enough to kill a human, "multiple" (whatever that means) could be? No thank you. I'd much rather take my chances with Coronavirus. At least that isn't known to double down on you once you get it.

danwiz

Registered Member
However, these bees are not very aggressive at all. When I lived in Japan we had a nest of them on our balcony and as long as we gave them space they never bothered us at all - never got a sting. Eventually, we called the city and they sent a person who took away the nest and the bees - took him about 5 minutes and we never saw another bee. I have no idea what happened to the ones who were not in the nest when the person came. As I said though, we never saw another bee. For photos of the nest & bees please see this page: CLICK HERE.

Impaired

Registered Member
I was raking leaves for my mother in law, before she was in law - the wife was in the kitchen with her mom when mom says, "Oh look, he's doing acrobatics!" My future wife looks out and I am rolling in the grass. Then I get up and run inside.

My mother in law to be neglected to mention the head sized hornet's nest, chest high on me, hanging in her crab apple tree. I turned and bumped into it. Looked down and jumped back.

5 black and white hornets landed on my chest and stomach and on some weird command all began stinging me. I start slapping them off, and they are tough and resisting so I start rolling to crush them off. This is when they look out.

Adolf's Meat Tenderizer (make a paste with a drop or two of water) on the stings, takes the burning and itching away almost immediately.

The venom from those black and white hornets made me sick for two full days and I was in my twenties, freshly out of the USAF. I'm not allergic to bees and been stung by assorted bees and wasps, since I like the outdoors and they can be cranky.

Hornets are mean fuckers and they just keep stinging

dDave

V.I.P.
I was raking leaves for my mother in law, before she was in law - the wife was in the kitchen with her mom when mom says, "Oh look, he's doing acrobatics!" My future wife looks out and I am rolling in the grass. Then I get up and run inside.

My mother in law to be neglected to mention the head sized hornet's nest, chest high on me, hanging in her crab apple tree. I turned and bumped into it. Looked down and jumped back.

5 black and white hornets landed on my chest and stomach and on some weird command all began stinging me. I start slapping them off, and they are tough and resisting so I start rolling to crush them off. This is when they look out.

Adolf's Meat Tenderizer (make a paste with a drop or two of water) on the stings, takes the burning and itching away almost immediately.

The venom from those black and white hornets made me sick for two full days and I was in my twenties, freshly out of the USAF. I'm not allergic to bees and been stung by assorted bees and wasps, since I like the outdoors and they can be cranky.

Hornets are mean fuckers and they just keep stinging
No kidding man. I'm lucky enough to have never been stung by a hornet. Been stung by a bee (inside the ear no less), but I've always thought hornets seemed worse.

My niece got stung several times a few years ago. We failed to notice a nest under the lip of the slide she was riding at the playground. Bad day for sure.