Crabtree, Maclin & Wells declare for draft

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Millz, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

The National Football Post reports that Michael Crabtree, Jeremy Maclin, and Chris Wells will all declare for the 2009 draft "in the very near future."

All three project to be first-round picks, and all could go in the top 15.

Wells put up 106 yards on 16 carries on Ohio State's Fiesta Bowl loss to Texas before taking a seat due to an undisclosed injury. The injury appeared to be to Wells' side. After the game, Wells said X-rays were negative. Maclin and Crabtree figure to be the first two wide receivers off the board in April.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

None of these surprise me at all. Except Crabtree. Isn't he a true sophomore? If so he wouldn't even be eligible to enter the draft until after next season. I guess he's a redshirt sophomore.

Chris Wells was out the 4th quarter of the Fiesta Bowl because of a concussion, I heard.

3. Millz

I think Maclin was a redshirt sophomore as well but I could be wrong. Crabtree and Maclin are going to be legit WR's in the NFL I think. I hope the Rams pick one of them or an offensive lineman.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I have a feeling Beanie Well will go high in this years draft, he was a Heisman candidate before he got injured, then came back and started to dominate the game again. He also had a great game before leaving the game last Tuesday against the Longhorns.

I think he'll have a great NFL career.

5. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

What I read.

I am not surprised by these players declaring eligibility.

6. Millz

Hey now they fired that dumb fuck GM that has been in control of the draft. Hopefully that changes things!

7. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Note almost 50% of first round picks turn into mediocre players or complete busts.

It seems to be even higher for top 10 picks. At least that has been the trend I have noticed over the past years.

8. Millz

Very true...its hard to know for sure who's going to be legit and who isn't. The Rams haven't had much success but they did find guys like Orlando Pace, Torry Holt and Grant Wistrom who have had or had good careers.

That's why they pay those people big dough to figure out whos legit.

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Yeah, I just looked it up. They both redshirted in 2006.

10. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

The Rams drafted Tye Hill and that's all I gotta say about that. But I think with some more experience Chris Long could be a very good NFL player.

Maclin and Crabtree are just studs. Crabtree is the better WR but I think Maclin is the better overall player. And oh yeah, that Chris Wells guy isn't to bad either.

I would def like to see the Rams draft either Crabtree or Maclin but we need some serious O-line help. So I'd be surprised if we drafted another WR so early.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009